Everest Base camp trek is an enchanting trek with a reasonable cost in the most charming locations in the Khumbu region. It is an ideal choice for courageous trekkers as it offers a unique panoramic view. Everest Base Camp is one of the most sought-out trekking destinations in the world. It has a mesmerizing view of the mountains, wonderful trekking facilities, and warm, hospitable people.
Everest Base Camp Trek Cost
Table of Contents
Trekking in Nepal is much calm and inexpensive compared to trekking in other parts of the world. You do not need to care about the cost of trekking, it is cheaper. Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. provides you best services at the best prices. Here, your cost evaluation looks something like this and all of this is included in your trip package:
Your Everest Base camp trek begins from Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, you take a flight to Lukla which costs $180 for a one-way ticket. The flight takes around 45 minutes to reach Lukla. All your expenses during trekking days in the transportation of your choice will be added to your account.
Permits and Fees for Everest Base Camp Trek
One needs to have permits to trek to Everest Base Camp and basically, there are two permits you require for the Everest Basecamp, one is Trekkers Information management System and another one is Sagarmatha National park entry permits.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permit fee for foreigners: 3,000 NPR + 13% VAT, totaling 3,390 NPR (Approx. US $34)
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permit fee for SAARC nationals: 1,500 NPR
- Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality of Solukhumbu district has started levying an entrance fee of Rs 2,000 (approximately $20) on every foreigner entering the rural municipality from October 1, 2018, replacing the TIMS permit: 1,000 NPR (Approx. the US $10)
Accommodation and Food Cost
Accommodation on route to Everest base camp is very cheap in most tea houses. They charge about 300 NPR ($3) in the low season and in the high season about $5 to $10.
Cost of guides and porters
A porter guide carries your gear plus guides you on the trail and speaks a bit of English. They are well enough to communicate and understand your interest.
Hiring a porter-guide on the trek route is a bit cheaper than hiring guides and porters separately. In general, porter-guides normally cost from US $18-US $20.
They are pleasant, kind, sincere as well as trustworthy in their job. And stay together with you during your trekking or mountaineering in Nepal. Guides, porter cum guides are from isolated villages of Nepal.
Porter is a kind of strong person from an isolated mountain village who carries your gear. They may or may not speak English but they are pleasant, kind, and dedicated to their work. Most of the porters are from remote villages of Nepal in search of seasonal pottering work.
The normal cost of hiring a porter for Everest Base Camp Trek is around US $20- US $25.
Tips to manage your costs for Everest Base Camp Trek
- Get your right gear in Kathmandu as rent which you may not use for daily purposes.
- While hiring a porter it is better to hire a local guide. So that you do not have to pay extra for their transportation, accommodation, and food while traveling from Kathmandu to Lukla and to the trailhead.
- Always get travel insurance that covers medical conditions, trip cancellations, flight delays, emergency evacuations, theft, and robbery. With this policy, you do not have to pay a high amount in case of emergencies.
- Buy snacks and chocolate bars from Kathmandu. You can buy them on the trails but they are generally costly as you go higher.
- Pre-book for the food and accommodation so that you do not have to pay high while being time-bound.
The overall cost of the trip gets higher than 1500 USD if you are traveling alone, but if you are to travel with us you can manage the same trip for 1350 USD. Other than that, you need to manage more documents including trekking permits to the base camp for which you need to manage more time.
If you are traveling with us we can get you the best guides and can manage trekking permits before your arrival which helps you to manage time. Trekking in unknown places by yourself is hard and the main problem is you can’t speak the local language which makes the trip uncomfortable. We provide you with guides who can speak your language which will be a lot easier for you to get the full thrill of the trip.
Other than that, you can read our cost including a detailed itinerary for more info on the services that we provide here on this link Everest Base Camp Trek. The cost we provide is the best and the service you get is the most thrilling and adventurous.