Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is a beautiful combination of two different trekking areas in the Langtang region. The trek explores Langtang valley and Gosainkunda region at one go. It reveals the hidden wonders of the regions and gets trekkers an incredible experience of trekking in the Himalaya’s.
This trek starts in Syabrubesi and finishes in Sundarijal and explores many different beautiful places in between. Traveling to and exploring the Langtang region after the devastating earthquake is an eye-opening experience of the resilience of local people in the reconstruction of their places and lives. Trekking up to Kyanjing RI via Langtang and to Lauri Binayak Pass via Gosainkunda takes you to the elevation well above 4,000 meters from sea level. This beautiful Himalayan trekking trip is an insightful trip about culture, spiritual vibes, magnificent views, nature, and flora and fauna in the region.
A sublime trekking trip like Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is definitely a lifetime experience that any adventurer can get. While on this trip, you surely fall in love with the wonders that come along.
NOTE:It is recommended that you should arrive in Kathmandu a day earlier before you start your trek (if you do not have a day tour of Kathmandu scheduled). And If you have scheduled Kathmandu day tour you should arrive two days prior from the actual day from trekking.
If you are able to arrive a day earlier, it will be best for you as you will get some time to rest, know about the trekking you are doing, get info about the trekking routes, and you get time to buy trekking equipment if necessary. Adding some extra days beside actual trekking days will help you enjoy your trip to Nepal to the fullest without having to worry about any preparations, any flight delays, and missing international flights.
Highlights of Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
- Cultural sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Post-earthquake trekking experience in the Langtang region
- Direct support to the local community to come back to their feet
- The wonderful Himalayan trekking experience
- Ethnic Tamang culture and Buddhist spiritual experience
- Diverse terrain and climatic experience on a short trip
- Wonderful Himalayan panorama from Kyanjing Ri, Lauri Binayak Pass
- Exploration of a beautiful oligotrophic lake - Gosainkunda
- Day 1:Welcome to Kathmandu:
- Day 2:Preparation and Sightseeing Tour of Kathmandu:
- Day 3:Drive From Kathmandu to Syabrubesi:
- Day 4:Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel:
- Day 5:Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley:
- Day 6:Trek from Langtang Valley to Kyangjing Gompa:
- Day 7:Trek from Kyanjing Gompa to Kyanjing Ri and to Lama Hotel:
- Day 8:Trek from Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru:
- Day 9:Trek from Thulo Syabru to Shin Gompa:
- Day 10:Trek From Shin Gompa to Gosainkunda:
- Day 11:Trek from Gosainkunda to Lauri Binayak Pass and to Gopte:
- Day 12:Trek from Gopte to Kutumsang:
- Day 13:Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani:
- Day 14:Trek from Chisapani to Kathmandu:
- Day 15:See You Again:
- Airport pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Three-night accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Three meals a day during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- Kathmandu city tours, tour guide, and private transportation
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide.
- Porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, and equipment.
- Accident insurance for all staff
- Trekking map/ Trekking T-Shirt, duffel and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- Langtang National Park Permit & TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Personal Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent in foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 passport-size photos.
- Snacks /Drinks and other personal expenses
- Hot showers during the trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- WiFi internet and phone call unless it’s free.
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
YourCruiseAdvisorUnited States Published: Sunday, November 13, 2011
Our guide Arjun and porter Gokoul provided excellent service from the moment we stepped off the plane until when we returned to the airport 28 days later. We completed the Tamang, Langtang, Gosainkunda and Helambu treks. Every step of the way we were well looked after on this unforgettable journey, whether it was arranging a landcruiser, sorting out my waylaid ...read more
In Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, your safety precedes every other thing. As this adventure entrails traveling in the remote mountainous region, we are always at mercy of nature. During the trip, the factors such as weather, natural disaster or a multitude of other factors which are beyond our control can subsequently bring the changes in the itinerary. Although all the itinerary we provide to you is guided and standard; please note that your team leader has the authority to alter or even drop the planned itinerary of any part if it is necessary due to safety concern. All the alternations or changes of the standard itinerary are made by the leader by taking into consideration the best interest of the whole group. We give our best effort to stick with the above-mentioned itinerary; however, in case of any unpredicted event which is beyond our control, you need to be flexible and take after the guideline as instructed by your leader.
Note that the company won’t be responsible for any result of alterations on itineraries or any delays due to unforeseen circumstances.
Hotel and Accommodation:
Trek to the Himalayas is one of the favorite destinations for travel enthusiast and adventure seekers all around the globe. Although the Himalayan region of Nepal is the most popular trekking destination in the world; there are a lot of things people don’t have a clue. While trekking to the high mountain region, you will not find the hotels and accommodation as you see in the city areas. The hotels and accommodation around the high Himalayan have fewer services and facilities. The hot shower may turn out to be simply a bucket of lukewarm water and the toilet may be a latrine behind the hotel. The private room can be a wooden cell with no furniture except a bed, mattress, and curtain in place of the door. So, while trekking to the mountainous region of Nepal, you need to be ready to stay in the less fancy and minimum facilitated hotels.
We provide you with the 2 to 3-star standard hotel while you are at Kathmandu (i.e. for 3 Nights). During your Langtang Gosainkunda Trek, we provide you with the basic lodges and tea houses for your accommodation. The room of these lodges and tea houses are less fancier with just a bed, a pillow and a blanket. We put our every effort to make your trek as cozy as possible. However, you need to stay flexible in some cases. We will accommodate the groups in local lodge available each day. We send the porters ahead of us to pre-book the room for the next day (rooms cannot be pre-booked on all places).
In Kathmandu beside the 2 / 3 stars hotel, some 4 / 5 - star luxury accommodation is also available. If you want to change the accommodation plan for the luxury, please do let us know so that we can arrange and book the hotel for you for your Kathmandu stay.
Food and Beverages:
All the food and Beverages included on the package of Langtang Gosainkunda Trek are provided by the company itself. The foods are provided in the tea houses or lodges on the trail. We will have breakfast and dinner at the lodge where we stay overnight. On the everyday trek, our guide will decide the available place and stop for lunch. We highly recommend you bring the water purification pills, to cleanse the water and drink during the trek. During the trek, there are options for buying the bottled water and boiled water as well.
We at Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition provide all the necessary transportation facilities for your trip. We provide private vehicles for airport pick up and sightseeing tour around Kathmandu. Likewise, we provide tourist bus transportation for your trip. However, you have other options like traveling through private vehicles such as cars or van.
You have to pay additional for the transportation which is excluded from our package. You can send us an inquiry for the latest price details for private transportation and flight tickets.
Luggage and Backpack:
The main luggage of yours will be carried by your porters during the trek. For your personal things, we highly recommend you, to carry a small handbag containing water bottles, cameras, sunscreen and other things which you require daily during the trip. Making the backpack small and lighter will unquestionably assist you to enjoy the trip to its fullest. You should simply convey the thing which is basic for your outing and the rest of the garments and different things can be left in the locker room/safe store of hotels. The hotels provide the locker room / safe deposit for free. So, don’t hesitate to leave things which are redundant. While making the backpack or luggage for your trip to ensure that the luggage doesn’t exceed more than 15 Kg. Weight allowance at Nepal’s domestic airlines is 15 Kg including your handbag. Excess weight is chargeable of USD 1.5 or more which will be the additional cost of our trip.
Guide and Porters on Trek:
We provide you with the well trained and experienced guide and porter for your trek. Our guide will assist you in every possible way to make your trips remarkable and memorable. Talking about the porter, we provide one porter for 2 trekkers each. The porters carry 20 Kg of total luggage (10 Kg form each trekker). We provide the one guide for the smaller groups and if the group size surpasses 10 individuals; we will provide the additional guide for your trip.
Personnel Expenses largely influenced upon your habit of expenditure. We provide you with all the necessary food and accommodation facilities inside the cost of your Langtang Gosainkunda Trek. So, you only need money to pay for your drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) and snacks while strolling on the trail. You will get a significant number of smaller shops on the trail to buy drinks and snacks. Likewise, you can also use the money to buy you souvenirs of the trip, entrance tickets, hot showers, tips and many more. Note that, tips and gratuities are not mandatory, but it is fine if you wish to. If you feel like the service provided to you is excellent, then you can tip directly to staffs. Of course, there is no obligation to tip if you are disappointed with the service you receive. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate an amount of 5 - 10% of the total package price for tips. The amount you give depends on your budget and appreciation of their work.
Rescue and Evacuation:
Nepal is the country full of heart-warming natural beauty and a magnificent travel destination for the thrill and adventure seeker all around the globe. In spite of the fact that Nepal is an adventure paradise for the nature lover, thrill seeker. But in some cases, the thrilling experience comes up with a serious hazard. The most exciting, and the joyful trip may backfire on us and we may have to be the victim of nature. Not only that while trekking in the high altitude rough terrains may also occur afflictions like a sprained ankle or even broken leg, appendix ruptures, hypothermia, skin infection and respiratory infection. If any of this misfortune happens to you, then it should be treated on time. If left untreated then you may even lose your life. If any of the above-mentioned affliction happens during your trip, we at Himalayan scenery treks and expedition will do everything to transfer you to the nearest hospital ASAP. All the expenses made to rescue and evacuate you, are entirely liable to us. So, before departing off to your trip, make sure that your travel insurance company has the policy to cover up all the expenses in case of any misfortune arises during the trip so that you can enjoy the trip to the utmost. If not, be ready to pay on your own once you arrive at the Kathmandu. To learn more about the Travel Insurance for the Trip in Nepal, please do visit Travel Insurance page in Nepal Travel Guide.
Join a fixed date group trek or private departure:
The Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is available on both fixed departure and private basis, If you are looking for a group to join then please check our fixed departures dates and ask for availability or if you would like to travel independently, or with your friends, families & colleagues then you are invited to choose any date at your convenient timeframe for any number of people.
Why Book With Us?
- Best price
- Best safety records
- Easy payment processing
- Customizable trips as per your needs
- Departure for every booking
- Best customer care
- Specialized care and considerations
- Easy cancellation conditions
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 20 to 30 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay rest of the amount before the flight. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Strenuous
- Trip Style Trekking
- Accommodation Hotel + Lodges
- Group Size 02 - 12
- Max Altitude 4610 Meter
- Transportation: Tourist Bus / Jeep
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner + Fruit
- Culture: Tibetan Sherpa Culture
- Himalayan sights: Langtang Himalaya range, Dorje lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Annapurna Himal & Gaurishanker
- Best Season: September to December and March to Late June .
- Trip Begins: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu, Nepal