Naya Kanga Peak also is known as the Ganja La Chuli peak is one of the underrated climbing peaks located in Langtang Region of Nepal. This peak is certainly a beautiful looking mountain, worth climbing. Standing at a glorious height of 5844 Meters, Ganja La Chuli peak climbing is best suited for the beginner climbers who have trekking experience and good physical condition.
Despite its popularity, very few travelers have explored the magic of the Naya Kanga Peak. Reaching the top of Naya Kanga pEak you will be blessed with some of the most beautiful Himalayas of Langtang Lirung 7246m, Ganesh Himal 6704m, Shishapangma 8013m, Langsisa Ri 6774m, Pemthang Ri 6,836m, Pemthang Kapro Ri (6,830m), Langtang II 6,571m Yala peak 5500m, Paldor peak 5896m, Tibetan Himalayan range, along with the world most beautiful valley – Langtang valley. You will also have a chance to closely observe the culture of Rasuwa Tamang people, Tibetan monasteries and the virgin landscape. The aura of Ganja la Chuli has bewitched every traveler making them speechless and then turns you into a storyteller.
The journey to the Naya Kanga peak traverses through some of the most beautiful valleys of Langtang cherished within the beautiful young Himalayas. As your journey comes close to the base camp Naya Kanga, the trek will full you with the right amount of adventure and thrill. However, before trying summiting the peak of the Naya Kanga, it is mandatory to take some time to acclimatize to adopt the harsh topography.
As you start ascending the top of the Naya Kanga peak, the journey is beyond any words to portray. For the summit of the Naya Kanga Peak, the north-eastern ridge over the line on snow and ice is considered to be the best and adventurous. Once you arrive at the top of the summit, you can have the bird’s eye panoramic view of the Nepalese as well as Tibetan Himalayan ranges including Mt Shishapangma (8046m/26398ft) which is the highest peak in Chinese territory.
The climbing journey of Naya Kanga Peak begins with a 6 – 7 hours’ drive to Syabrubensi from the heart of the Kathmandu valley. From here, Himalayan Scenery trek leaders will lead the way through some of the most beautiful valleys of the Langtang region. As you make your way through the various small settlements of Bamboo, and other various valleys of Langtang you will have the chance to observe the pure lifestyle of Tamang and their culture. Moving further you will pass through a route of Lama Hotel, Kyanjing Gompa, Tseku Ri, Ganja La base camp and finally the day you summit the Naya Kanga Peak.
In the route to Naya Kanga Peak, camping is permitted. Camping trek is a lot more adventurous than normal trekking. However, carrying a tent and making a camp can be a hassle. Option for hotels is also available every few miles on the route, so staying at the hotels will be much cheaper than camping.
During the peak climbing, tents are required for two camps above Kyanjin. The first at Branchen / Nyengang Kharka, the second at Nyengang Phedi.
When To Climb
Climbing the Naya Kanga Peak has two popular seasons: April to May and October to November. During this time of year, the sky is clear with moderate temperatures. The weather is also stable at this time making the summit easy access. Besides this, the climbing of the Naya Kanga peak is possible however the major issue will be snowfall. If you are lucky you can reach the top of the Naya Kanga peak without any issues.
Highlights of Naya Kanga Peak (Ganja La Chuli) Climbing
- Summit Naya Kanga peak 5844m/19168ft.
- Unfold the magnificence of Kathmandu Valley – the city of Temples
- Day tour to UNESCO World Heritage sites
- fabulous surrounding views of mountains in Nepal and Tibet including Langshisa Ri, Pemthang Ri, Langtang Lirung, Pemthang Kapro Ri
- Hike to Tsergo-Ri 4985m/16350ft for stunning views of high mountains within Langtang Valley and beyond.
- Explore the myths and mysteries of the Langtang Village.
- Chance to experience the ancient Bon-Buddhist culture
- Exploring the land of Red Pandas
- Day 1:Arrival Kathmandu airport and transfer hotel :
- Day 2:Prepare permit & briefing/ Hinduism and Buddhism Excursion:
- Day 3:Drive Kathmandu to dunche and Syabru besi:
- Day 4:Trek from Shyabru besi to Lama Hotel:
- Day 5:Trek From Lama Hotel to Langtang Village:
- Day 6:Trek From Langtang to Kyanjing Gompa:
- Day 7:Explore Kyanjing Gompa /acclimatization and Rest Day/ Hike to Tsergo- Ri:
- Day 8:Trek from Kyanjing Gompa to Naya Kanga Bese camp:
- Day 9:Naya Kanga rest in Base camp- rest/ Training for climbing:
- Day 10:Hike to High camp:
- Day 11:Summit Naya Kanga and back to Base camp:
- Day 12:Trek from Base camp to Langtang village:
- Day 13:Trek from Langtang to Shyabru Besi:
- Day 14:Drive to Kathmandu.
- Day 15:Final departure:
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin Bed Room.
- Valley Sightseeing: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by a professional guide.
- Permit: All necessary permit required for climbing Naya Kanga Peak including Langtang Valley trekking permit and TIMS card.
- Insurance: Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and climbing.
- Map: Himalayan Scenery Trek Trekking and climbing map.
- Porter: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by a porter.
- Food and Lodging: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and at base camp. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff.
- Base Camp Staff: Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staff & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing.
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual Yak Mountain or Kaila's tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: All camping equipment and cooking gears will be provided at the Basecamp.
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide.
- Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food And Clothing.
- Oxygen Bottle (O2): Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
- Oxygen Mask & Regulator: 1 Set of Summit Oxygen mask will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- Comprehensive Medical kit for group.
- Certificate: Ganja La Peak Climbing Certificate issued by NMA.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking/Climbing than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking/Climbing (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, hot shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, Boiled water, beer, coke, and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears & Equipment.
- Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek is not included.
- $15 USD for an extra porter per day (If extra porter demanded).
- Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
- Tips: Tips for Guide, porters and Basecamp staff.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.
In Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, your safety precedes every other thing. As this adventure entrails traveling in the remote mountainous region, we are always at mercy of nature. During the trip, factors such as weather, natural disaster or a multitude of other factors that are beyond our control can subsequently bring the changes in the itinerary. Although all the itinerary we provide to you is guided and standard; please note that your team leader has the authority to alter or even drop the planned itinerary of any part if it is necessary due to safety concerns. All the alternations or changes of the standard itinerary are made by the leader by taking into consideration the best interest of the whole group. We give our best effort to stick with the above-mentioned itinerary; however, in case of any unpredicted event which is beyond our control, you need to be flexible and take after the guideline as instructed by your leader.
Note that the company won’t be responsible for any result of alterations on itineraries or any delays due to unforeseen circumstances.
Hotel and Accommodation:
Trek to the Himalayas is one of the favorite destinations for travel enthusiasts and adventure seekers all around the globe. Although the Himalayan region of Nepal is the most popular trekking destination in the world; there are a lot of things people don’t have a clue. While trekking to the high mountain region, you will not find the hotels and accommodation as you see in the city areas. The hotels and accommodation around the high Himalayan have fewer services and facilities. The hot shower may turn out to be simply a bucket of lukewarm water and the toilet may be a latrine behind the hotel. The private room can be a wooden cell with no furniture except a bed, mattress, and curtain in place of the door. So, while trekking to the mountainous region of Nepal, you need to be ready to stay in the less fancy and minimum facilitated hotels.
We provide you with the 2 to 3-star standard hotel while you are at Kathmandu (i.e. for 3 Nights). During your Langtang Valley Trekking, we provide you with the basic lodges and tea houses for your accommodation. The room of these lodges and tea houses are less fancier with just a bed, a pillow and a blanket. We put our every effort to make your trek as cozy as possible. However, you need to stay flexible in some cases. We will accommodate the groups in local lodge available each day. We send the porters ahead of us to pre-book the room for the next day (rooms cannot be pre-booked on all places).
In Kathmandu beside the 2 / 3 stars hotel, some 4 / 5 - star luxury accommodation is also available. If you want to change the accommodation plan to the luxury, please do let us know so that we can arrange and book the hotel for you for your Kathmandu stay.
Food and Beverages:
All the food and Beverages included on the package of Langtang Valley Trekking are provided by the company itself. The foods are provided in the tea houses or lodges on the trail. We will have breakfast and dinner at the lodge where we stay overnight. On the everyday trek, our guide will decide the available place and stop for lunch. We highly recommend you bring the water purification pills, to cleanse the water and drink during the trek. During the trek, there are options for buying bottled water and boiled water as well.
We at Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition provide all the necessary transportation facilities for your trip. We provide private vehicles for airport pick up and sightseeing tour around Kathmandu. Likewise, we provide tourist bus transportation for your trip. However, you have other options like traveling through private vehicles such as cars or van.
You have to pay additional for the transportation which is excluded from our package. You can send us an inquiry for the latest price details for private transportation and flight tickets.
Guide and Porters on Trek:
We provide you with the well trained and experienced guide and porter for your trek. Our guide will assist you in every possible way to make your trips remarkable and memorable. Talking about the porter, we provide one porter for 2 trekkers each. The porters carry 20 Kg of total luggage (10 Kg form each trekker). We provide the one guide for the smaller groups and if the group size surpasses 10 individuals; we will provide the additional guide for your trip.
Personnel Expenses largely influenced upon your habit of expenditure. We provide you with all the necessary food and accommodation facilities inside the cost of your Langtang Valley Trekking. So, you only need money to pay for your drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) and snacks while strolling on the trail. You will get a significant number of smaller shops on the trail to buy drinks and snacks. Likewise, you can also use the money to buy you souvenirs of the trip, entrance tickets, hot showers, tips and many more. Note that, tips and gratuities are not mandatory, but it is fine if you wish to. If you feel like the service provided to you is excellent, then you can tip directly to staffs. Of course, there is no obligation to tip if you are disappointed with the service you receive. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate an amount of 5 - 10% of the total package price for tips. The amount you give depends on your budget and appreciation of their work.
Rescue and Evacuation:
Nepal is the country full of heart-warming natural beauty and a magnificent travel destination for the thrill and adventure seeker all around the globe. In spite of the fact that Nepal is an adventure paradise for the nature lover, thrill seeker. But in some cases, the thrilling experience comes up with a serious hazard. The most exciting, and the joyful trip may backfire on us and we may have to be the victim of nature. Not only that while trekking in the high altitude rough terrains may also occur afflictions like a sprained ankle or even broken leg, appendix ruptures, hypothermia, skin infection and respiratory infection. If any of this misfortune happens to you, then it should be treated on time. If left untreated then you may even lose your life. If any of the above-mentioned affliction happens during your trip, we at Himalayan scenery treks and expedition will do everything to transfer you to the nearest hospital ASAP. All the expenses made to rescue and evacuate you, are entirely liable to us. So, before departing off to your trip, make sure that your travel insurance company has the policy to cover up all the expenses in case of any misfortune arises during the trip so that you can enjoy the trip to the utmost. If not, be ready to pay on your own once you arrive at the Kathmandu. To learn more about the Travel Insurance for the Trip in Nepal, please do visit Travel Insurance page in Nepal Travel Guide.
Join a fixed date group trek or private departure:
The Langtang Valley Trekking is available on both fixed departure and private basis, If you are looking for a group to join then please check our fixed departures dates and ask for availability or if you would like to travel independently, or with your friends, families & colleagues then you are invited to choose any date at your convenient timeframe for any number of people.
Why Book With Us?
- Best price
- Best safety records
- Easy payment processing
- Customizable trips as per your needs
- Departure for every booking
- Best customer care
- Specialized care and considerations
- Easy cancellation conditions
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 20 to 30 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay rest of the amount before the flight. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1- 2 business days. Or just call us now
Cost and Dates
There is no fixed departure trip for this package. However, you can request for a private group trip.
For Quick information / quick answer: Contact Us at WhatsApp: +977 9851083619 ( Ram Krishna Timalsina ) / +977 9849278890 or drop us an inquiry at email@example.com
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Moderate to Adventurous
- Trip Style Peak Climbing
- Accommodation Hotel + Tea Houses + Lodges
- Group Size 01 - 12
- Max Altitude 5844 Meter / 19174 Feet
- Transportation: By Bus
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner + Fruit
- Latitude/Longitude: 28.16847°N / 85.54803°E
- Walking Per Day: 4 - 6 Hours
- Culture: Sherpa, Tamang
- First Ascent: Laurice Nielson and Ang Gyalzen Sherpa. 25 April 1984
- Best season: Spring (April, May) and autumn (October, November)
- Include Activity: Sights trips of Kathmandu
- Himalayan sights: Langtang, Shishapangma, Ganesh Himal