Kathmandu Valley trek taking you along the rims of the Kathmandu Valley offering distant views of snowy mountains, and an idea of typical Nepali countryside life and ethnic culture. It is best suited for those who are traveling with children, enjoy outdoor camping but who do not have enough time for longer treks into the high mountains. We drive to a trailhead at Sundarijal and gradually hike uphill to Mulkharka (1768m). The second day we walk along the valley rims with great views of mountains, then get to Chisapani (2194m) from where some superb views of the Himalayas and sunrise/sunset views can be observed. The next day we make our camp at Chauki. Likewise, the next day we trek along the way to Nagarkot(2020m), the best vantage points for mountains and sunrise views.
Highlights of Kathmandu Valley Trekking
- Sightseeing and Cultural tour around Kathmandu and Bhaktapur.
- Visit world Heritage sites.
- Explore the culture, traditions of Nepali People.
- Explore the Craftmanship during Licchavi Era in Bhaktapur.
- Day 1:Welcome to Kathmandu:
- Day 2:Preparation and Sightseeing Tour of Kathmandu:
- Day 3:Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani:
- Day 4:Trek from Chisapani to Nagarkot:
- Day 5:Drive from Nagarkot to Dhulikhel:
- Day 6:Drive from Dhulikhel to Namobuddha:
- Day 7:Hike from Namobuddha to Panauti and drive back to Kathmandu:
- Day 8:See You Again:
- Airport pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Surface transfer to and from Pokhara by tourist bus then by private car to and from Nayapul.
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- Kathmandu city tours, tour guide, and private transportation
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide. Porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary and equipment. Accident insurance for all staff
- Himalayan Scenery trekking map, Trekking T-shirt and duffel bag for trekking
- Trekking map/ Trekking T-Shirt, and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- ACAP Permit & TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Personal Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent in foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 passport-size photos.
- Snacks /Drinks and other personal expenses
- Hot showers during the trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- WiFi internet and phone call unless it’s free.
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
Benume_AguasThailand Published: Tuesday, March 13, 2012
I had a tour of the Kathmandu valley with this company. The trip was excellent. It seems that time stopped in these cities and spending time. It was amazing beauty, splendid and mystical Nepal. The Guide was very knowledgeable ( Kamal) I would like to thank him a lot . It was very informative, and lets you see the true ...read more
pippy061Netherlands Published: Monday, May 16, 2011
I just returned from a trip to Kathmandu – 6 days round Kathmandu followed by 10 days in a monastery. I rarely book private tours but since I had only 6 days in Kathmandu and I was travelling alone, I wanted to make the most of my time there so I chose the services of Exciting Nepal. There is no ...read more
The itineraries provided by the Himalayan Scenery Treks Is guided and standard; however, the itineraries are subjected to be altered or changed because of the uncertainties beyond our control. Note that, the itineraries are just a Guideline to show you the overview of tentative tour plans. The alteration on the tentative itineraries may differ or altered as per the best interest, due to the unpredicted event caused by physical, technical and natural conditions.
Why Book With Us?
- Best price
- Best safety records
- Easy payment processing
- Customizable trips as per your needs
- Departure for every booking
- Best customer care
- Specialized care and considerations
- Easy cancellation conditions
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 10 to 20 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay rest of the amount before the trip. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now
Cost and Dates
There is no fixed departure trip for this package. However, you can request for a private group trip.
For Quick information / quick answer: Contact Us at WhatsApp: +977 9851083619 ( Ram Krishna Timalsina ) or drop us an inquiry at email@example.com
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Easy
- Trip Style Trekking
- Accommodation Hotel + Lodges
- Group Size 02 - 12
- Transportation: Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner