You must carefully read and understand the Terms and Conditions before you book a trip with us. Terms and conditions contain important information that is important for you while traveling. The Booking Terms and condition constitutes a legally binding contract between Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. And you for the services provided by Himalayan Scenery Treks.
Please note that while booking a trip, you are agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as well as the cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability. Both parties agree to these Terms and Conditions to resolve any legal or other disputes that may arise during the trip.
BOOKING & PAYMENTS
To process a Booking, you need to fill up the booking form with a 20% non-refundable deposit. This will constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. You should email us a copy of your passport to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. After we receive the copy of your passport and the form you filled with 20% of the non-refundable deposit we will send you a confirmation receipt in your mail as a success for your final booking.
Deposit is to be paid per person per trip. You can contact us for further information about booking. While you are paying a deposit a certain amount of bank service charge may be applied which should be paid along with the deposit.
For Credit Card payment please contact us. We only accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express Card, and a 4% levy will be added as a card processing fee.
The remaining balance is payable upon your arrival in Nepal for the Nepal trip (during the pre-trip meeting or on arrival day). For India, the remaining balance should be made a minimum of 15 days before the trip departure. We also reserve the right to cancel your trip if the full amount is not paid within the time limit.
Where possible we will accept your last-minute booking 10 days prior to the tour departure date; if we have the space available.
The client is not entitled to any compensation, whatsoever, in case he/she forfeits from embarking on the trek/expedition because of his/her personal decision or injury. Also, if the government revokes the permit for the trek/expedition because of any disaster in the area, the clients may not seek reparation for their payment.
CANCELLATION AND BOOKING CHANGES
- Cancellation notice has required a minimum of 31 days prior to trip departure and must be made in writing, such notice commences from the day notice is received. Cancellation shall be valid with approval from the company after receiving documentation. The Trip shall then be termed as canceled and a cancellation charge of 20% of the trip amount would be deducted from the advance payment.
- We will provide a 50% refund from the total trip cost if you provide a cancellation notice 15 days from the day of trip departure which should be made in writing. Cancellation shall be valid with approval from the company after receiving documentation. The Trip shall then be termed as canceled and a cancellation charge of 50% of the trip amount would be deducted from the advance payment.
- There will be no refund to clients that provide less than 15 days’ notice, before trip departure and if a passenger leaves a trip for any reason whatsoever, either voluntarily, involuntarily or if you commit any unlawful act after the trip has commenced. We will make no refunds for any meals, accommodation, or services not used.
- Should you require other changes to your original tour, the person that booked the tour must submit a written document with the changes required. While every effort will be made, changes cannot be guaranteed.
- If you have genuine reasons for not taking the trip, for example (without restriction) because of death, injury or serious illness of the passenger, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, you may postpone or transfer your booking to another person, provided they meet all the requirements relating to that tour. You must provide proof of why you are unable to travel at the time you change your booking. A fee of 200 USD per person is required if you postpone or transfer this tour no less than 15 days prior to trip departure. There will be no options available 15 days before the trip departure.
CHANGES TO YOUR TRIP AND PRICE DUE TO NATURAL DISASTERS, FLIGHT DELAYS, ETC
Traveling with Himalayan Scenery treks requires a degree of flexibility, good humor, and an understanding as unforeseen changes to the itinerary, modes of transportation, and accommodation can occur at any time. Changes can also be cancellations and postponements of the trip. Such changes happen due to unpredictable circumstances such as flight delays, political unrest, bad weather, road blockage, any natural disaster (earthquake, landslide, flood, snowfall, avalanche, etc.), or other things beyond our control.
When such situations occur, the above-mentioned cancellation and booking changes policy doesn’t apply. In other words, there will be no refund of the amount you have paid to us. And any extra cost occurred shall be borne by the clients. We also won’t be responsible for the loss of employment, injury, illness, and loss of life resulting from situations beyond our control. However, we will try our best to take you to safety from any kind of danger.
And in the event of cancellation of the booked trip due to reasons out of our control, you are free to reschedule your trip or take an alternative trip of the same category. While rescheduling the trip, you will receive the full credit from your previously booked trip, and you will only pay the difference amount between old and new prices if the price increases for the rescheduled departure.
Furthermore, a single-room supplement charge will be imposed on the clients who don’t have another tour participant to share accommodation with. Our trip packages are based on twin-sharing accommodation. And we reserve the right to revise pricing rates posted in our marketing material under any circumstances or under the pressure of various external factors like changes in the exchange rate, government action, etc which are far from our control.
You should pay for any extra transportation you book in case of flight cancellation or any other problems. You will not be refunded for canceled flights or accommodation.
CANCELATION OF A TOUR BY THE COMPANY
Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition P. Ltd reserves the right to cancel any trip, including a guaranteed trip, prior to departure due to reasons beyond our control (i.e. due to natural disasters, flight cancellation, consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences. In such a case, Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition P. Ltd will refund the price after deducting the cost that has already been spent on the preparation of your trips.
For any of the above scenario that has occurred resulting in the cancelation of your tour, you have the option to postpone your trip for any time. The price for the package you have booked will not be changed. You may also hand over the trip to any of your friends or relatives as well. The postponed trip is valid for up to 3 years. In such cases, operators will try their best to provide a feasible alternative. However, a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
In this case, if clients decided on the postponement, their booking is valid until 3 years from their trip postponed date. After that, this shall be regarded as a no-show, and full payment shall still be made to the supplier if they had only made the deposit. Cancellation is not possible.
REFUND CLAIM PROCEDURE AND THE EXPECTED TIME PERIOD
- The claim should be made within 45 days of your trip cancellation dates for any customized itinerary, helicopter-related trips, tours, or trekking packages listed on our official websites by writing and email to our official email (same email which you used for making a booking).
- To process the refund, you are kindly advised to receive an email, Whatsapp message or any refund amount mentioned on the paper of proof, from the operator to show it to your bank, otherwise, we are forced to ignore it.
- After 45 days, your claim will not be valid.
- After we receive your email about the cancellation of the trip we will review your email and check the exact amount to be refunded, if it is under our privacy and policy criteria.
- Then we will send you the email with the exact amount to be refunded.
- You can expect to receive your amount at the end of the year.
It is a condition while booking treks and tours with us that travelers/trekkers/climbers must be protected by insurance themselves that covers cancellation, accidents, health, emergency evacuation, loss of items, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects.
All costs for emergency evacuation must be paid in cash in Nepal unless an insurance company has agreed to pay the costs on your behalf. It is important that any insurance policy issued to cover emergency evacuation for climb/trek/tour does not exclude alpinism or mountaineering.
To learn more about the insurance policy read the Travel Insurance article.
AGREEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
It is mandatory for the guest to comply with the rules and regulations of the country, during their stay in the country. Any illegal activities are downright discouraged and any deliberate or unintentional breach of law by the guest shall not obligate the company to advocate on their behalf. If any illegal activities on the client's part are observed, the company holds the right to call the authorities and hand the clients to them. If the client falls into the hands of authority because of an unlawful act, the company isn’t obligated to provide any financial compensation.
Moreover, during the tour/trek/expedition, the team leader is the in-charge and his decision shall be considered final. We select our team leaders/guides based on years of training and experience in the tenuous region and for the sake of the survival and wellness of our clients; we urge them to shed any instincts that direct them against the instruction of our team leader/guides. In case of any conflicts between our clients, verbal, physical, or otherwise, the company’s staff will resolve the issue and holds the right to call the police if necessary.
ALTERATIONS IN COST AND TIME AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES
The packages designed by Himalayan Scenery Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd. are standard and are designed by people after years of experience. However, the company respects the intention of the guests and provides alterations to the packages based on the client’s request provided that the client is willing to spend extra time and cost.
At other times, because of the circumstances prevalent in the area, the standard cost and time may be subject to alterations. In that case, the price and time can be adjusted by mutual agreement between the clients and the company.
Damage to company equipment, delays, lags in trips, the demand for additional services than previously agreed, etc. by a client is likely to increase the previously decided price.
A legal guardian must accompany all travelers under the age of sixteen. If you have a question regarding age and suitability, please contact us for further information.
OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM POLICY
Himalayan Scenery Treks are re-inventing tourism for the benefit of local people, tourists, the environment, and the tourism industry at large. We ask that you read our Responsible Travel and Ethnic Tourism policy in detail before you book your holiday with us, as we expect that you will adhere to our policy and guidelines while traveling with us.
Himalayan Scenery Trek must be made aware of any and all complaints on-site or by telephoning. HST will try to rectify the problem in real-time, to your satisfaction. On your trekking journey, any complaints or problems about the trip should be notified to your tour leader or guide at the earliest opportunity, so that S/he may take appropriate actions to resolve them.