“An amazing feel of touch and rejuvenating aura………………..what one can ask for………”
Differentiated from the Annapurna district by the Kali Gandaki the Dhaulagiri massif incorporates more than 30 tops over 6000 meters, eight of these surpassing 8000 meters. The region around Tansen is home to the Magar individuals and capital of the free kingdoms to wind up a piece of Nepal.
From Dhorepatan the display of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri reaches is extraordinary and this remote region is home to neighborhoods of Tibetan outcasts who scan the territory for minerals and medicinal plants.
This is a long, troublesome trek around Dhaulagiri (8167m) that begins from Beni on the Kali Gandaki. Accompany the Myagdi Khola westwards to Darbang and transform north on a minor trail that leads through woods into the high nation. A significant part of the track is on snow and glacial masses as it crosses French Col (5240m), navigates the head of Hidden Valley and crosses 5155m Dhampus Pass. The trek closes with a steep plunge to Marpha and a comeback to Pokhara, either through the Kali Gandaki valley or over the Ghorepani edge for a surrounding perspective of the whole Dhaulagiri massif.
One should grab an opportunity to come and see this beautiful region which is full of nature at its best. With a single touch of glimpse, it has an amazing power to captivate one’s mind and heart overall. Himalayan Scenery Treks & expedition welcomes you all to join us for the wonderful holiday. Our expert guides and staffs will do their every possible expertise features to make your trekking experience to remember lifelong. Let us serve you with the best as we believe you deserve it.
NOTE:It is recommended that you should arrive in Kathmandu a day earlier before you start your trek (if you do not have a day tour of Kathmandu scheduled). And If you have scheduled Kathmandu day tour you should arrive two days prior from the actual day from trekking.
If you are able to arrive a day earlier, it will be best for you as you will get some time to rest, know about the trekking you are doing, get info about the trekking routes, and you get time to buy trekking equipment if necessary. Adding some extra days beside actual trekking days will help you enjoy your trip to Nepal to the fullest without having to worry about any preparations, any flight delays, and missing international flights.
Highlights of Dhaulagiri Camping Trekking
- Rewarding trekking trail for adventure lovers
- Rivers, ferns and forests of oak and others deciduous trees and rhododendron forest
- Breathtaking views of the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountain Range
- Two challenging mountain passes: French pass (5240m.) and Thapa Pass (5150 m)
- Abundant alpine flowers on the trail Warm hospitality and unique culture of ethnic people like Thakali
- Day 1:Welcome to Kathmandu :
- Day 2:Preparation and Sightseeing Tour of Kathmandu:
- Day 3:Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to Darbang:
- Day 4:Trek from Darbang to Sibang:
- Day 5:Trek from Sibang to Naura:
- Day 6:Trek from Naura to Dobhan:
- Day 7:Trek from Dobhan to Italian Base Camp:
- Day 8:Rest and Acclimatization day:
- Day 9:Trek from Italian Base Camp to Japanese Base Camp:
- Day 10:Trek from Japanese Base Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp:
- Day 11:Rest and Acclimatization Day:
- Day 12:Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to Hidden Valley via French Pass:
- Day 13:Trek from Hidden Valley to Yak Kharka Dhampus Pass:
- Day 14:Trek from Yak Kharka to Jomsom via Marpha:
- Day 15:Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara:
- Day 16:Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu:
- Day 17:Final Departure:
- Airport pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Three-night accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- One nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Pokhara
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- Kathmandu city tours, tour guide, and private transportation
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide.
- Porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary and equipment.
- Accident insurance for all staff
- Himalayan Scenery trekking map, Trekking T-shirt and duffel bag for trekking
- Trekking map/ Trekking T-Shirt, and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- ACAP Permit & TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Personal Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent in foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 passport-size photos.
- Snacks /Drinks and other personal expenses
- Hot showers during the trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- WiFi internet and phone call unless it’s free.
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
In Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, your safety precedes every other thing. As this adventure entrails travelling in the remote mountainous region, we are always at mercy of nature. During the trip, the factors such as weather, natural disaster or a multitude of other factors which are beyond our control can subsequently bring the changes in the itinerary. Although all the itinerary we provide to you is guided and standard; please note that your team leader has the authority to alter or even drop the planned itinerary of any part if it is necessary due to safety concern. All the alternations or changes of the standard itinerary are made by the leader by taking into consideration the best interest of the whole group. We give our best effort to stick with the above-mentioned itinerary; however, in case of any unpredicted event which is beyond our control, you need to be flexible and take after the guideline as instructed by your leader.
Note that the company won’t be responsible for any result of alterations on itineraries or any delays due to unforeseen circumstances.
Hotel and Accommodation:
We provide you with the 2 to 3-star standard hotel while you are at Kathmandu (i.e. for 3 Nights). During your Dhaulagiri Camping Trek, we provide you with the tented camp accommodation. In Kathmandu beside the 2 / 3 stars hotel, some 4 / 5 - star luxury accommodation is also available. If you want to change the accommodation plan to the luxury, please do let us know so that we can arrange and book the hotel for you for your Kathmandu stay.
Food and Beverages:
All the food and Beverages included on the package of Dhaulagiri Camping Trek are provided by the company itself. The foods are professionally prepared and provided in the tented camp on the trail. We will have the breakfast and dinner at the camp. On the everyday trek, our guide will decide the available place and stop for the lunch. We also provide the boiled drinking water at the camp. During the trek, there are options for buying the bottled water as well.
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu after the successful trekking journey, we will provide farewell dinner consisting of authentic Nepalese cuisines and live cultural music.
We at Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition provide all the necessary transportation facilities for your trip. We provide private vehicles for airport pick up and sightseeing tour around Kathmandu. Likewise, we provide the flight to Pokhara from Kathmandu and a local bus transportation to return to Kathmandu from Pokhara. However, there are options of the direct flight to Kathmandu or private vehicle transportation. The extra transportation which is not included in the package will cost you extra. You can send us an enquiry for the latest price details for the private transportation and flight tickets.
Luggage and Backpack:
The main luggage of your will be carried by your porters during the trek. For your personal things, we highly recommend you, to carry a small handbag containing water bottles, cameras, sunscreen and other things which you require daily during the trip. Making the backpack small and lighter will unquestionably assist you to enjoy the trip to its fullest. You should simply convey the thing which is basic for your outing and the rest of the garments and different things can be left in the locker room/safe store of hotels. The hotels provide the locker room / safe deposit for free. So, don’t hesitate to leave the things which are redundant. While making the backpack or luggage for your trip to ensure that the luggage doesn’t exceed more than 15 Kg. Weight allowance at Nepal’s domestic airlines is 15 Kg including your handbag. Excess weight is chargeable of USD 1.5 or more which will be the additional cost of our trip.
Guide and Porters on Trek:
We provide you with the well trained and experienced guide and porter for your trek. Our guide will assist you in every possible way to make your trips remarkable and memorable. Talking about the porter, we provide one porter for 2 trekkers each. The porters carry 20 Kg of total luggage (10 Kg form each trekker). We provide the one guide for the smaller groups and if the group size surpasses 10 individuals; we will provide the additional guide for your trip.
Personnel Expenses largely influenced upon your habit of expenditure. We provide you with all the necessary food and accommodation facilities inside the cost of your Dhaulagiri Camping Trek. So, you only need money to pay for your drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) and snacks while strolling on the trail. You will get the significant number of smaller shops on the trail to buy the drinks and snacks. Likewise, you can also use the money to buy you souvenirs of the trip, entrance tickets, hot showers, tips and many more. Note that, tips and gratuities are not mandatory, but it is fine if you wish to. If you feel like the service provided to you is excellent, then you can tip directly to staffs. Of course, there is no obligation to tip if you are disappointed with the service you receive. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate an amount of 5 - 10% of the total package price for tips. The amount you give depends on your budget and appreciation of their work.
Rescue and Evacuation:
Nepal is the country full of heart-warming natural beauty and a magnificent travel destination for the thrill and adventure seeker all around the globe. In spite of the fact that, Nepal is an adventure paradise for the nature lover, thrill seeker. But in some cases, the thrilling experience comes up with the serious hazard. The most exciting, and the joyful trip may backfire on us and we may have to be the victim of nature. Not only that while trekking in the high altitude rough terrains may also occur afflictions like the sprained ankle or even broken leg, appendix ruptures, hypothermia, skin infection and respiratory infection. If any of this misfortune happens to you, then it should be treated on time. If left untreated then you may even lose your life. If any of the above-mentioned affliction happens during your trip, we at Himalayan scenery treks and expedition will do everything to transfer you to the nearest hospital ASAP. All the expenses made to rescue and evacuate you, are entirely liable to us. So, before departing off to your trip, make sure that your travel insurance company has the policy to cover up all the expenses in case of any misfortune arises during the trip so that you can enjoy the trip to the utmost. If not, be ready to pay on your own once you arrive at the Kathmandu. To learn more about the Travel Insurance for the Trip in Nepal, please do visit Travel Insurance page in Nepal Travel Guide.
Join a fixed date group trek or private departure:
The Dhaulagiri Camping Trek is available on both fixed departure and private basis, If you are looking for a group to join then please check our fixed departures dates and ask for availability or if you would like to travel independently, or with your friends, families & colleagues then you are invited to choose any date at your convenient timeframe for any number of people.
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 20 to 30 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay rest of the amount before the trip. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Strenuous
- Trip Style Camping Trek
- Accommodation Lodge + Camping
- Group Size 02 - 12
- Max Altitude 5245 Meters
- Transportation: Aeroplane / Tourist Bus
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner + Fruit