Pisang Peak is one of the trekking peaks in the Annapurna region in the Himalayas. Climbing this 6,000-meter peak is a great adventure that also brings the chance to trek around the Annapurna Mountains. Pisang peak stands tall as a pyramid just above Pisang village. With the icy slope, that narrows towards the top gives a pretty much challenge to the climbers but doesn’t involve high technicalities. Other than that, you will be able to visit Muktinath and can trek to beautiful Manang Region of Nepal. Pisang Peak climbing offers you the best view of Majestic mountains in Annapurna Region. You will as well be able to explore the vast landscape diverse locale comminute and as well rare wildlife and plants.
Pisang peak looks pyramidal mountain lying just above the Pisang- a small village in the Annapurna region. The Pisang peak is also known as Jong Ri. Pisang peak was first climbed in 1955 by German Expedition. From here one can enjoy the views of the Annapurna region, Dhaulagiri and the other Himalayas from the peak of Pisang. You will as well trek to Thorong La Pass which is also one of the world’s highest mountain pass. The adventure you get from this trek is amazing. You will be hiking through off-beaten trails, exploring ancient arts in an unexploited village, you will discover new cultures and traditions and much more.
Pisang peak is a beautiful experience of climbing peaks in Nepal that is so adventurously inspiring for life. The whole trip is a wonderful concoction of culture, adventure, and nature that creates an incredible experience for the lifetime.
Himalayan scenery treks and expedition offers you an amazing service you deserve throughout the journey. Come and join us for the wonderful memory lifelong ahead.
Highlights of Pisang Peak Climbing
- Adventure trekking around the Annapurna massif
- Pisang peak (6,091m) climbing
- Cultural sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
- Cross Thorong La at 5,416m
- The joy of completing a loop around the classic Annapurna circuit
- Culture and lifestyle experience of Manang and lower Mustang valleys
- Incredible Himalayan view and high altitude trekking experience
- Day 1:Welcome to Kathmandu:
- Day 2:Preparation and Sightseeing Tour of Kathmandu:
- Day 3:Drive from Kathmandu to Bahundanda:
- Day 4:Trek from Bahundanda to Chamje:
- Day 5:Trek from Chamje to Bagarchhap:
- Day 6:Trek from Bagarchhap to Chame:
- Day 7:Trek from Chame to Pisang:
- Day 8:Acclimatization Day Pisang Village:
- Day 9:Trek from Pisang to Pisang Peak Base Camp:
- Day 10:Trek from Pisang Peak Base Camp to High Camp:
- Day 11:Summit Pisang Peak and Return back to Base Camp:
- Day 12:Contingency Day:
- Day 13:Trek from Base Camp to Pisang:
- Day 14:Trek from Pisang to Manang:
- Day 15:Trek from Manang to Yak Kharka:
- Day 16:Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi:
- Day 17:Trek from Thorong Phedi to Muktinath via Thorong La Pass:
- Day 18:Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom:
- Day 19:Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara:
- Day 20:Drive form Pokhara to Kathmandu:
- Day 21:See You Again:
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Tented accommodation during the climb
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek and climb
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- English speaking, trained and experienced trekking guide(leader), climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation
- Down jacket (to be returned after trip completion)
- Himalayan Scenery’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking maps
- All necessary paperwork; trekking permits and Peak climbing permit
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipment
- Medical kit (carried by your guide)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg of luggage, a cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Personal climbing equipment
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
In Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, your safety precedes every other thing. As this adventure entrails traveling in the remote mountainous region, we are always at mercy of nature. During the trip, the factors such as weather, natural disaster or a multitude of other factors which are beyond our control can subsequently bring the changes in the itinerary. Although all the itinerary we provide to you is guided and standard; please note that your team leader has the authority to alter or even drop the planned itinerary of any part if it is necessary due to safety concern. All the alternations or changes of the standard itinerary are made by the leader by taking into consideration the best interest of the whole group. We give our best effort to stick with the above-mentioned itinerary; however, in case of any unpredicted event which is beyond our control, you need to be flexible and take after the guideline as instructed by your leader.
Note that the company won’t be responsible for any result of alterations on itineraries or any
Team composition is important to ensure the safety and comfort of the climbers. We observe high safety standards, therefore, for 2 International Climbers, we assign:
- HST Accredited Climbing Leader
- High Altitudes Assistance Sherpa
- Base Camp Assistance and other necessary trek crew such Porters, Yaks and Yak man
- Because of our high safety standards, team members would be added as per the number of international climbers.
Hotel and Accommodation on Pisang Peak Climbing:
Trek to the Himalayas is one of the favorite destinations for travel enthusiast and adventure seekers all around the globe. Although the Himalayan region of Nepal is the most popular trekking destination in the world; there are a lot of things people don’t have a clue. While trekking to the high mountain region, you will not find the hotels and accommodation as you see in the city areas. The hotels and accommodation around the high Himalayan have fewer services and facilities. The hot shower may turn out to be simply a bucket of lukewarm water and the toilet may be a latrine behind the hotel. The private room can be a wooden cell with no furniture except a bed, mattress, and curtain in place of the door. So, while trekking to the mountainous region of Nepal, you need to be ready to stay in the less fancy and minimum facilitated hotels.
On the expedition Journey to Mt. Pisang Peak, we provide you with the 2 to 3-star standard hotel while you are in Kathmandu (i.e. for 3 Nights). During your journey to Pisang Peak, we provide you with the basic lodges and tea houses for your accommodation. The room of these lodges and tea houses are less fancier with just a bed, a pillow and a blanket.
In Kathmandu beside the 2 / 3 stars hotel, some 4 / 5 - star luxury accommodation is also available. If you want to change the accommodation plan for the luxury, please do let us know so that we can arrange and book the hotel for you for your Kathmandu stay.
Food and Beverages:
All the food and Beverages included on the package to Pisang peak climbing are provided by the company itself. The foods are provided in the tea houses or lodges on the trail. We will have breakfast and dinner at the lodge where we stay overnight. On the everyday trek, our guide will decide the available place and stop for lunch. We highly recommend you bring the water purification pills, to cleanse the water and drink during the trek. During the trek, there are options for buying the bottled water and boiled water as well.
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu after the successful expedition, we will provide farewell dinner consisting of authentic Nepalese cuisines.
We at Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition provide all the necessary transportation facilities for your trip. We provide private vehicles for airport pick up and sightseeing tour around Kathmandu. We likewise provide a private / tourist bus transportation to begin the journey to Pisang peak. Once the trip is completed you will fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and then private transportation back to Kathmandu.
Luggage and Backpack:
The main luggage of yours will be carried by your porters during the trek. For your personal things, we highly recommend you, to carry a small handbag containing water bottles, cameras, sunscreen and other things which you require daily during the trip. Making the backpack small and lighter will unquestionably assist you to enjoy the trip to its fullest. You should simply convey the thing which is basic for your outing and the rest of the garments and different things can be left in the locker room/safe store of hotels. The hotels provide the locker room / safe deposit for free. So, don’t hesitate to leave things which are redundant. While making the backpack or luggage for your trip to ensure that the luggage doesn’t exceed more than 15 Kg. Weight allowance at Nepal’s domestic airlines is 15 Kg including your handbag. Excess weight is chargeable of USD 1.5 or more which will be the additional cost of our trip.
Guide and Porters on Trek:
We provide you with the well trained and experienced guide and porter for your trek. Our guide will assist you in every possible way to make your trips remarkable and memorable. Talking about the porter, we provide one porter for 2 trekkers each. The porters carry 20 Kg of total luggage (10 Kg form each trekker). We provide the one guide for the smaller groups and if the group size surpasses 10 individuals; we will provide the additional guide for your trip.
Leaders and Staff Management:
Climbing Leader and Staff Management are one of the most critical parts of the Expedition journey determining the success, enjoyability, and memorability of the trip. A highly experienced, skilled, and courteous climbing leaders will make the expedition journey smooth and easy. At Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, all the expedition crew member along with the climbing leader are carefully selected on the basis of their appropriate leadership skill and personal aptitude. With an objective of sustaining local communities, Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition only employs local staff who have adequate knowledge about culture, ecosystem, flora, fauna, geography, and history of their local region(s). The trek and expedition leaders have undergone the following training:
- Intensive Wilderness First Aid
- Trekking Guide Training
- Eco Trekking Workshop and Adventure Meet
- English Language
- Conservation and Biodiversity
- Rock climbing, Ice Climbing, and Mountaineering (for expedition leaders)
Personnel Expenses largely influenced upon your habit of expenditure. We provide you with all the necessary food and accommodation facilities inside the cost of your Pisang Peak Climbing. So, you only need money to pay for your drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) and snacks while strolling on the trail. You will get a significant number of smaller shops on the trail to buy drinks and snacks. Likewise, you can also use the money to buy you souvenirs of the trip, entrance tickets, hot showers, tips and many more. Note that, tips and gratuities are not mandatory, but it is fine if you wish to. If you feel like the service provided to you is excellent, then you can tip directly to staffs. Of course, there is no obligation to tip if you are disappointed with the service you receive. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate an amount of 5 - 10%of the total package price for tips. The amount you give depends on your budget and appreciation of their work.
Rescue and Evacuation:
Nepal is the country full of heart-warming natural beauty and a magnificent travel destination for the thrill and adventure seeker all around the globe. In spite of the fact that Nepal is an adventure paradise for the nature lover, thrill seeker. But in some cases, the thrilling experience comes up with a serious hazard. The most exciting, and the joyful trip may backfire on us and we may have to be the victim of nature. Not only that while trekking in the high-altitude rough terrains may also occur afflictions like a sprained ankle or even broken leg, appendix ruptures, hypothermia, skin infection, and respiratory infection. If any of this misfortune happens to you, then it should be treated on time. If left untreated then you may even lose your life. If any of the above-mentioned affliction happens during your trip, we at Himalayan scenery treks and expedition will do everything to transfer you to the nearest hospital ASAP. All the expenses made to rescue and evacuate you, are entirely liable to us. So, before departing off to your trip, make sure that your travel insurance company has the policy to cover up all the expenses in case of any misfortune arises during the trip so that you can enjoy the trip to the utmost. If not, be ready to pay on your own once you arrive at the Kathmandu. To learn more about the Travel Insurance for the Trip in Nepal, please do visit Travel Insurance page in Nepal Travel Guide.
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at +977 – 1 – 4438648 or +977 – 9851083619. We are available at Viber and WhatsApp.
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Strenuous
- Trip Style Peak Climbing
- Accommodation Hotel + Lodges
- Group Size 01 - 12
- Max Altitude 6091 Meter
- Transportation: Aeroplane / Tourist Bus
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner + Fruit
- Best Season: Spring (March, April & May), Autumn (September, October & November)
- Trip Begins: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu, Nepal