Karnali, the longest river in Nepal, originates in the holy Mt. Kailash in Tibet and flows through deep gorges, deserted beaches, and steep canyons. Karnali river rafting is One of the best river trips in Nepal, the Karnali run can last up to ten fun-filled days. The mild Class III to fabulous Class V rapids make the ride an unforgettable one and combining fishing or jungle safari with the trip adds another dimension to the great adventure.
Rapid: Captivity, Flip & strip, God’s House, Elbow and Sweet Well.
The Karnali is also famous for Mahseer fishing. Far removed from urban influence, this is a remote region of Nepal with frequent sightings of diverse wildlife. The river is demanding with encounters of massive rapids that test the skill of rafters. For thrill seekers looking for an adrenaline high, it has a 7km roller-coaster ride through a fabulous gorge. Karnali River Rafting journey to the river starts with an hour-long flight to Nepalgunj and a drive to Surkhet. The put-in point at Tallo Dhungeshwor is reached after a six-hour drive through lovely sal forests. Exciting rapids are encountered from Day One. The river takes rafters through the pristine Bardia National Park and the trip ends below the spectacular Chisopani Bridge which is the longest suspension bridge in Nepal.
Karnali River Rafting is quite difficult because of its strong rapids. This river has very clean water. One can see many wild lives as well as river dolphins during the trip. Karnali River Rafting trip is possible after the long trek to reach the starting point. Main features of the rafting are the magnificent forest scenery, spectacular rock formations, waterfalls, deserted White River beaches, and rare wildlife and many local and migratory birds.
Highlights of Karnali River Rafting
- The ultimate river expedition in Nepal
- Epic whitewater rapids combined with a relaxed float
- Dramatic variety of intensely remote and pristine scenery
- Bardia National Park
- Day 1:Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel:
- Day 2:Drive to Surkhet:
- Day 3:Drive to Sauli:
- Day 4:Rafting and camping on beach:
- Day 5:Raft 5 hours and Camp at beach in between of Jungle:
- Day 6:Camp at the Seti Dovan and relax:
- Day 7:Camping at Jamuna village
- Day 8:Rest day for dry the clothes and Explore
- Day 9:Rafting Continue
- Day 10:End this trip in the early afternoon at Chisopani:
- Professional English speaking licensed guides highly trained and safety certified to international standards in Whitewater River Guiding, Swift Water Rescue and Wilderness First Aid
- Professional safety kayakers
- Gear raft support
- International name brand ISO/CE certified rafting equipment including helmets, PFDs, paddles, splash jackets, and wetsuits
- Dry bags and Pelican boxes to keep your personal items dry and safe on the river
- Variety of fresh, hygienically prepared meals while on the river, including tea, coffee, hot chocolate and treated drinking water
- Camping logistics and equipment including shelters, tents, simple mattresses and sleeping bags
- Round trip transportation
- River permits
- Industry standard first aid kits
What we provide:
Along with our high-quality self-bailing rafts, we provide helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits, lifejackets, and first aid kit.
We provide plentiful, healthy and hygienically prepared food and drinks. Tents and sleeping mats are also provided. Sleeping bags can be supplied upon request.
All our equipment is of the highest quality, clean and well maintained.
Classification of rivers:
Maintaining the highest standard of safety and service, river trips have been classified in accordance to status of water flow, rapids & remoteness.
- CLASS I Easy: Small rapids, fast moving water with riffles and small waves, few obstructions, minimal risk to swimmers and possibility of self-rescue.
- CLASS II Novice: Gentle straightforward rapids with wide and clear channels and slight maneuvering required.
- CLASS III Moderate: Exciting rapids with irregular waves and hazards, strong eddies and current and skilled maneuvering required.
- CLASS IV Very difficult: Raging Rapids, powerful maneuvering required and turbulent water flow.
- CLASS V Extremely difficult: Long and very violent rapids with several hazards, unavoidable waves, and holes or steep, congested chutes with complex demanding routes, a high degree of danger to swimmers, expertise and reliable high-quality equipment’s required for safe passage.
- CLASS VI Unruinable: Extremely difficult rapids, high chances of death and destruction of equipment and very slim chances of rescue.
Name and Class of River:
- Trishuli II+ to IV
- Seti Karnali III to IV+
- Seti III
- Bheri III+
- Arun IV
- Sunkoshi IV+
- Tamor IV to IV+
- Kali Gandaki IV to V
- Karnali IV+ to V
- Marshyangdi IV+ to V
- Bhotekoshi V
- Tamakoshi V TO V+
In Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, your safety precedes every other thing. Before you begin your white-water rafting, our professional rafting guide will thoroughly brief you about the necessary safety measure and rafting guidelines you need to follow, while you are on the river.
As your safety is our utmost priority, we have made the rafting journey the safest. The rafting trip is piloted by a river guide professionally trained in emergency wilderness first aid and swift-water rescue. Rafters venture into a river trip with safety jackets, flotation devices, helmets, and river-friendly clothes. We use high-quality inflatable rubber raft capable of giving extraordinary performance, agility, stability, and maneuverability. Our rafts can swift through the wildest and strongest of waves and guarantee hundred percent safety.
Best Month for Whitewater Rafting:
Best time for rafting is from March to May and September to November. Temperature can get colder in January and February ranging from 7° to 20° C. For rest of the month, the temperature remains minimum 18° to maximum 30° C. Monsoon rafting can be arranged on Trishuli river.
Clothing & equipment:
You are required to bring some shirts, T-shirts, socks, hat, suntan lotion, sunglasses with string, river shoes or flip-flop, flashlight, personal medication, a couple of shorts and pants for the evening and morning, a sweater or a jacket.
The company provides raft (number of rafts depends on the size of the group), safety devices, sleeping bags, mattress tents & kitchenettes.
For rafting, we provide you a professionally trained English speaking rafting guide for your rafting journey. The guide provided to you is highly experienced and has thoroughly versed in the topography and nature of the river. The guides are professionally trained for swift water rescue and emergency wilderness first aid, so you don’t have to stress over your wellbeing. Our skilled guides are also able to read river features and move the boat in a way so that everybody stays safe and has fun. With the excellent expertise and guidance of our guide, we assure you will have the great time doing white water rafting.
Cost of the Trip:
The cost of each trip depends on the duration of the trip and group size, the higher the group size lower is the cost.
The cost usually includes All full board camping service and transportation to the put in point and back from the take-out point by private coach, all safety equipment, etc.
Cost does not include alcoholic beverages, personal clothing, expenses of personal nature and insurance.
A Typical Day on the River:
Basically, we start our day with a briefing of the trip and the safety measures you need to adopt. After the briefing by the river guide is finished, the rafting journey begins. In a day we will raft for around 4 – 5 hours. After sometimes of rafting through the challenging rapids, we stop at the sandy beach for lunch. Finishing up with lunch, we will raft over water for an hour or two and end the rafting journey for the day. For multi-day rafting journey, we set up the camp by the riverside. Once we arrive at the camping site, we can wander around nearby locality or simply relax basking in the splendor of nature. Camping overnight by riverside gives us time and opportunity to share our views, feeling and experiences under an open sky of sparkling stars.
Why Book With Us?
- Best price
- Best safety records
- Easy payment processing
- Customizable trips as per your needs
- Departure for every booking
- Best customer care
- Specialized care and considerations
- Easy cancellation conditions
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 20 to 30 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay rest of the amount before the flight. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Easy
- Trip Style Whitewater Rafting
- Accommodation Hotels/Riverside resorts or Camps
- Group Size 02 - 12
- Transportation: By Bus
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner