The Sun Koshi (Lower) is one of the rivers where a long trip (9Days) is possible. Rated as one of the ten best high-water river expeditions, it has turbulent waves and a large volume of water. The river runs through the landscape of thick vegetation that harbors rich wildlife. Different species of birds, monkeys, and even leopards can be seen during the rafting trip. The river also has Gharial crocodiles which are predominantly fish-eating creatures. The put-in point at Dolalghat is a three-hour drive from Kathmandu.
Rapids: Punch & Judy, Meat Grinder, High Anxiety, Black Hole, Rhino Rock, Big Dipper, and Dead Man Eddy.
Amazingly, this river prepares the rafters for the big rapids by first introducing them to milder Class II and Class III rapids.Sunkoshi River rafting gets progressively challenging from day to day, leading to some exciting rides through high water. There are also sections for relaxing during scenic floats and a remarkable jungle corridor. Sunkoshi River rafting is One of the camping spots is at an interesting confluence of three of the major rivers of eastern Nepal. Arun, Tamur and Sun Koshi. The trip ends at Chatara and the drive back begins.
The Sun Koshi (Upper) is the ideal river for novices as it has no big, challenging rapids. During the Sunkoshi River rafting surrounding scenery is beautiful and the trip is relaxing with mountain views to admire. The river run is a short half- day of rafting through forested valleys and white sandy beaches. Combining an overnight stay at Dhulikhel, rafters can enjoy superb views of the Himalayas and a stunning sunrise the next morning before heading out to the river.
The put-in point for this Sun Koshi trip is at Balefi Bazaar. As the trip begins, rafters immediately face Class I rapids. But this is a really relaxing run with plenty of time to take in the surrounding landscapes. With so much greenery around, there is the sighting of wildlife such as monkeys, mongoose, and deer. After a pleasant ride down the river, the trip ends at Dolalghat, the cut-out point. An alternative to this trip is a one-day run that starts at Lamosanghu (Long Bridge) and comes across a Class III rapid before finishing at Chehare.
For the Sunkoshi River rafting, We travel by surface to Dolalghat your raft 'put-in-point' covering the distance of 57 km in about 3 hrs. Your excitement starts and ends only after you covered 210 km of wild stretches, calm flows through high rock-strewn passages eventually emerging from the mountains to the flat plains of southern Nepal. One of the 10th classic and best white-water journeys on Sunkoshi (river of gold) is in Nepal offers the longest river trip and the most fascinating among the few rivers, which flow down from snow-capped mountains. Big rapes, warm water, beautiful scenery, and great camping makes this is a classic multi-day river trip. There will be a great trip for intermediate and advanced kayakers. At its best in medium to high flows. This enchanting river expedition of 9 days will definitely be the highlight of your visit to Nepal, its memory shall last forever and ever … Sunkoshi is an unpredictable river, it has its own moods, serene, calm and tranquil one moment, wile and turbulent the next, always changing, always challenging, the ultimate in the river adventure. So, Sunkoshi River rafting is famous for rafting circles.
Highlights of Sunkoshi River Rafting
- Fun, bouncy and exciting pool drop rapids
- Beautiful beach camping
- Villages, jungle and waterfalls
- Nepal’s original river expedition
- Day 1:3hrs drive to Dolalghat; rafting starting point and short rafting camp in Tarang Gaon:
- Day 2:Tarang Gaon to Dumja village rafting approx. 4 hours:
- Day 3:Dumja village to Khunkot rafting approx. 6 hours:
- Day 4:Khurkot to Likhu Khola rafting approx. 5 hours
- Day 5:Likhu Khola to Harkapur village rafting approx. 6 hours:
- Day 6:Harkapur village to Rai Ghat rafting approx. 6 hours:
- Day 7:Rai Ghat to Bander Ghat rafting approx. 6 hours:
- Day 8:Bander Ghat to Bonjur Ghat rafting aprox. 6 hours:
- Day 9:Bonjur Ghat to Barahchhatra rafting aprox. 6 hours:
- Day 10:Short rafting reaches out points Chatara:
- Bus transfer as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals during the rafting trip
- Accommodation in the tented camp
- Guide and other staff as per the requirement
- Professional English speaking licensed guides highly trained and safety certified to international standards in Whitewater River Guiding, Swift Water Rescue and Wilderness First Aid
- Professional safety kayakers
- Gear raft support
- International name brand ISO/CE certified rafting equipment including helmets, PFDs, paddles, splash jackets and wetsuits
- Dry bags and Pelican boxes to keep your personal items dry and safe on the river
- Variety of fresh, hygienically prepared meals while on the river, including tea, coffee, hot chocolate and treated drinking water
- Camping logistics and equipment including shelters, tents, simple mattresses and sleeping bags
- Round trip transportation
- River permits
- Industry standard first aid kits
- Nepal Visa
- All sorts of Drinks
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Other not mentioned above as inclusion
What we provide:
Along with our high-quality self-bailing rafts, we provide helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits, lifejackets, and first aid kit.
We provide plentiful, healthy and hygienically prepared food and drinks. Tents and sleeping mats are also provided. Sleeping bags can be supplied upon request.
All our equipment is of the highest quality, clean and well maintained.
Classification of rivers:
Maintaining the highest standard of safety and service, river trips have been classified in accordance to status of water flow, rapids & remoteness.
- CLASS I Easy: Small rapids, fast moving water with riffles and small waves, few obstructions, minimal risk to swimmers and possibility of self-rescue.
- CLASS II Novice: Gentle straightforward rapids with wide and clear channels and slight maneuvering required.
- CLASS III Moderate: Exciting rapids with irregular waves and hazards, strong eddies and current and skilled maneuvering required.
- CLASS IV Very difficult: Raging Rapids, powerful maneuvering required and turbulent water flow.
- CLASS V Extremely difficult: Long and very violent rapids with several hazards, unavoidable waves, and holes or steep, congested chutes with complex demanding routes, a high degree of danger to swimmers, expertise and reliable high-quality equipment’s required for safe passage.
- CLASS VI Unruinable: Extremely difficult rapids, high chances of death and destruction of equipment and very slim chances of rescue.
Name and Class of River:
- Trishuli II+ to IV
- Seti Karnali III to IV+
- Seti III
- Bheri III+
- Arun IV
- Sunkoshi IV+
- Tamor IV to IV+
- Kali Gandaki IV to V
- Karnali IV+ to V
- Marshyangdi IV+ to V
- Bhotekoshi V
- Tamakoshi V TO V+
In Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, your safety precedes every other thing. Before you begin your white-water rafting, our professional rafting guide will thoroughly brief you about the necessary safety measure and rafting guidelines you need to follow, while you are on the river.
As your safety is our utmost priority, we have made the rafting journey the safest. The rafting trip is piloted by a river guide professionally trained in emergency wilderness first aid and swift-water rescue. Rafters venture into a river trip with safety jackets, flotation devices, helmets, and river-friendly clothes. We use high-quality inflatable rubber raft capable of giving extraordinary performance, agility, stability, and maneuverability. Our rafts can swift through the wildest and strongest of waves and guarantee a hundred percent safety.
Best Month for Whitewater Rafting:
Best time for rafting is from March to May and September to November. Temperature can get colder in January and February ranging from 7° to 20° C. For rest of the month, the temperature remains minimum 18° to maximum 30° C. Monsoon rafting can be arranged on Trishuli river.
Clothing & equipment:
You are required to bring some shirts, T-shirts, socks, hat, suntan lotion, sunglasses with string, river shoes or flip-flop, flashlight, personal medication, a couple of shorts and pants for the evening and morning, a sweater or a jacket.
The company provides raft (number of rafts depends on the size of the group), safety devices, sleeping bags, mattress tents & kitchenettes.
For rafting, we provide you a professionally trained English speaking rafting guide for your rafting journey. The guide provided to you is highly experienced and has thoroughly versed in the topography and nature of the river. The guides are professionally trained for swift water rescue and emergency wilderness first aid, so you don’t have to stress over your wellbeing. Our skilled guides are also able to read river features and move the boat in a way so that everybody stays safe and has fun. With the excellent expertise and guidance of our guide, we assure you will have the great time doing white water rafting.
Cost of the Trip:
The cost of each trip depends on the duration of the trip and group size, the higher the group size lower is the cost.
The cost usually includes All full board camping service and transportation to the put in point and back from the take-out point by private coach, all safety equipment, etc.
Cost does not include alcoholic beverages, personal clothing, expenses of personal nature and insurance.
A Typical Day on the River:
Basically, we start our day with a briefing of the trip and the safety measures you need to adopt. After the briefing by the river guide is finished, the rafting journey begins. In a day we will raft for around 4 – 5 hours. After sometimes of rafting through the challenging rapids, we stop at the sandy beach for lunch. Finishing up with lunch, we will raft over water for an hour or two and end the rafting journey for the day. For multi-day rafting journey, we set up the camp by the riverside. Once we arrive at the camping site, we can wander around nearby locality or simply relax basking in the splendor of nature. Camping overnight by riverside gives us time and opportunity to share our views, feeling and experiences under an open sky of sparkling stars.
Why Book With Us?
- Best price
- Best safety records
- Easy payment processing
- Customizable trips as per your needs
- Departure for every booking
- Best customer care
- Specialized care and considerations
- Easy cancellation conditions
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 10 to 20 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay rest of the amount before the trip. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now
Cost and Dates
There is no fixed departure trip for this package. However, you can request for a private group trip.
For Quick information / quick answer: Contact Us at WhatsApp: +977 9851083619 ( Ram Krishna Timalsina ) or drop us an inquiry at email@example.com
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Easy
- Trip Style Whitewater Rafting
- Accommodation Hotels/Riverside resorts or Camps
- Group Size 02 - 12
- Transportation: By Bus
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Trip Begins: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu, Nepal