As the maintenance work in Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu is starting today onwards i.e. 25th September, 2022, all flights to and from Lukla are being rerouted to Manthali Airport, Ramechhap. This rerouted route will be active until another notice for rerouting is announced.
Lukla Flight Rerouted to Manthali
Table of Contents
There is a formal statement to that rerouting which has already been circulated by the airlines. The date and tentative time of the flights will remain the same as per the tickets issued. Due to this reroute you will need to travel to Manali airport from Kathmandu on your way to Lukla and retrace the exact same route on your way back to Kathmandu. Here we have provided the statements of various airlines for retracing the route.
Manthali Airport is located at Tamakoshi River Valley in Manthali, which is also the capital of Ramechhap District elevated at an altitude of 474 m. It is located 132 km east of Kathmandu and it takes 4.5 hours to get there from Kathmandu by a road vehicle.
It is a small town that doesn’t see many visitors ordinarily. Hence, accommodation facilities available are limited and the service level is not very high. With a large number of trekkers who will come here to catch their flights, it is highly likely that you not find accommodation in Manthali during the peak season of April- May.
What Are other options for Manage Transport And Accommodation At Manthali Airport?
If you already have booked your trip to Everest Base Camp or booked your flight to Lukla from any travel company or website then they will be held responsible and will provide you with good solutions, you just need to coordinate with the respective parties. They will manage your transportation and accommodation just in case necessary. And if you are traveling alone here’s what you can do to travel Lukla:
Getting to Manthali, Ramechhap
- Due to the flight delay, you need to arrive 1 day earlier than the provided departure date.
- Get a cab to Koteshwor
- Catch a local bus or regular jeep from Koteshwor Bus Park to Manthali. Vehicles usually depart starting at 6:30 am until 1 pm.
This option will require you to stay overnight in Manthali. As more options arise, we will keep the blog updated!
How will Himalayan Scenery Treks manage your route and maintain the itinerary?
For people who have booked their flights with Himalayan Scenery Treks, here’s a better option than we have come up with:
- Take you directly to Manthali in a private vehicle 5-6 hours ahead as per your flight schedule so you can easily catch the flight without having to stay overnight. This will remove the hassle of finding accommodation. For e.g., If your flight time is 7:30 am, we will leave from Kathmandu around 2 am.
- Himalayan Scenery Treks will allocate staff and arrange tent accommodation in the area as a backup. In case your flight gets canceled due to any reason, you can use our tent facility (with mattress) for free. You will, however, have to manage your own sleeping bags.
- We will provide you with the contact number of the local staff in the field whom you can coordinate for any issue.
For more Travel Blogs and News about Everest Base Camp and other exotic vacation destinations in Nepal Subscribe to our Newsletter and visit our Blog Page. You can explore the extremely adventurous travel destination in Nepal and book your next holiday with Himalayan Scenery Treks And Expedition Pvt. Ltd.