Nepal, a country tugged within the highest mountains of the planet, lavish forest, diverse landscape, and unparalleled natural beauty. Nepal is truly a nature beautiful gift to humankind. And has always inspired everyone all over the world through its divine beauty and diversity. Despite it covers a small land area, the country has some of the highest snow-capped Himalayas to climb, 100’s of a serene lake for boating and fishing, natural falls to get away from the heat of summer, gushing rivers for adventurous sports and great historical and cultural site to go back in time to enjoy the ancient civilization.
Nepal is not only known for its towering Himalayas and natural beauty. It is also well known across the planet as the land of spirituality and abode of sentient beings. This is the land where the symbol of peace also known as the Light of Asia, the founder of Buddhism Lord Buddha was born, it is a land where goddesses Sita was born, a land where the great sage Ved Vyasa was born, a land where during the Duwapa Yug the five Pandavas transcended towards heave. These are just some to mention, Nepal has always being a spiritually chosen land for the highest being to be born or to be liberated. Although the majority of the people in Nepal practice Hinduism as their main religion, Buddhism is also a popular religion in Nepal as people in Nepal don’t segregate between hindiusim and Buddhism, We can see a beautiful harmony between Hinduism and Buddhism. Keeping all these in mind Himalayan Scenery Treks has specially designed a special historical, cultural and spiritual sites in Nepal which are relavent with Lord Buddha and the follower of different school of Buddhism.
The Buddhist Pilgrimage tour is the best way to witness and experience religious tolerance and harmony found among religions in Nepal. While enlightening your spirit through following the philosophy of Buddha. This package will help you to learn about the teaching of Lord Buddha, Tibetan Buddhism, and provides you with firsthand experience of the doctrine of compassion, inner peace, meditation, nirvana, and so forth.
On this Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour, you will be visiting Lumbini - the birthplace of Buddha as well as many Buddhist heritage sites including Boudhanath, Swoyambhunath (Monkey Temple), Namo Buddha, Pharping and Kopan Gumba. The trip begins with an exploration tour to Swoyambhunath, Buddha Park, and Kapan Gumba (Monastery) before visiting the Bouddhanath Stupa. Boudhanath is the largest stupa, visited by pilgrims all around the globe. You can see the pilgrims circulating around the stupa with great devotion. You will be participating in the ritual ceremonies being organized in the different monasteries in Bouddha. On the second day of our tour, we will visit some of the historical places of Kathmandu. Our tour begins with exploring Patan City and move forward to Mahabouddha Temple, Ratomacchindra Temple, and reach to Bhaktapur to explore the ancient Newari civilization. After Kathmandu, we will have a scenic drive to Pokhara along the Prithivi highway. In Pokhara, we will visit World Peace Pagoda, Tibetan refugee camp, Davis Fall, Gupteswor Manadev Cave, International Mountain Museum Taal Barahi Temple, etc. Finishing up with Pokhara, the tour will take us to Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, and a symbol of peace. Here in Pokhara, we will stroll around the holy garden where Buddha was born, a sacred pond where the mother of Buddha took bath, Ashok pillar, and finally visit the Maya Devi temple for the evening prayer. After Pokhara, we will drive to Pharping via Kathmandu where we explore Padmasambhab statue, Asura cave, Guru Rimpoche Cave. A drive from Pharping to Kathmandu will bring our tour to its conclusion.
There are several other historical sites like Sarnath – where Buddha gave his first teaching, Bodhgaya where Buddha was enlightened and Kushinagar where Buddha breathed his last breath on this world. These places are not including in our package however you can extend this package to those locations as well. Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition has specially crafted this pilgrimage tour to some of the most significant Buddhist pilgrimage sites inside Nepal accessible through the easy drive. This tour is best suited for those people who are seeking a spiritual meaning to the life they lead.
Highlights of Buddhist Circuit Pilgrimage Tour
- Visiting the Birthplace of Lord Buddha – Lumbini
- Cultural Sight Seeing around Patan and Bhaktapur
- Exploring Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath and Kapan Gumba
- Chance to experience the Newari culture and local lifestyle of Nepali people
- Panoramic view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massif
- Tour around Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Lumbini
- Visit Maya Devi Temple
- Tilaurakot. explore the archaeological excavation and old monuments at Tilaurakot,
- Spiritual stay in Namo Buddha exploring Namo Buddha monastery
- Spiritual exploration at the birthplace of Buddha, Lumbini
- Immersion into the wonderful beauty of Pokhara
- Sunrise tour to Sarangkot
- Spectacular views of Annapurna range
- Tour to World Peace Stupa and boating on the Lake Fewa
- Day 1:Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 2:Full Day Excursion of Buddhist Pilgrimage Site in Kathmandu
- Day 3:Full Day Excursion of Patan and Bhaktapur (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Day 4:Drive to Pokhara | Visit Taal Barahi Temple
- Day 5:Full day exploration of Pokhara and Tibetan Refugee Camp
- Day 6:Drive to Lumbini (Birthplace of Lord Buddha)
- Day 7:Spiritual Tour around Lumbini
- Day 8:Drive to Pharping via Kathmandu
- Day 9:Exlporing Pharping Monastery / Namobudda
- Day 10:Final Departure
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu - Namobudha Monastery - Lumbini- Pokhara
- All necessary ground transportation during the tour
- Trained Tour and travel guide,
- Luxury Hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara & Lumbini on (BB Basis) and Namobudha at Monastery
- All official expenses
- First aid medical kit
- Accident insurance for all staff
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Heritage site entrance fee
- Bar, Beverages and mineral water.
- Lunch and dinner throughout the trip.
- Sightseeing Places entrance fee as per the above itinerary.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips and Gratitude.
- Travel insurance.
- Any cost which is beyond our package and the cost due to natural disaster, earthquake, political unrest has to be bear by the client themselves.
The itineraries provided by the Himalayan Scenery Treks Is guided and standard; however, the itineraries are subjected to be altered or changed because of the uncertainties beyond our control. Note that, the itineraries are just a Guideline to show you the overview of tentative tour plans. The alteration on the tentative itineraries may differ or altered as per the best interest, due to the unpredicted event caused by physical, technical and natural conditions.
Why Book With Us?
- Best price
- Best safety records
- Easy payment processing
- Customizable trips as per your needs
- Departure for every booking
- Best customer care
- Specialized care and considerations
- Easy cancellation conditions
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 10 to 20 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay rest of the amount before the trip. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Easy
- Trip Style Tour
- Accommodation Hotel
- Group Size 02 - 12
- Transportation: Private Vehicle / Bus
- Meals: Breakfast
- Best Season: All Around Year