Tibet Tour is a mesmerizing journey within the world highest plateau of Tibet. Also, it includes cultural tours and an adventure ‘Ganden to Samye Trekking’. Here, you will have consonance of pristine natural backdrops. With ventures ‘Ganden to Samye trekking’, here you will observe in in-depth of Tibetan local life and its simple way of living.
Lhasa, the Centre of the Tibetan Buddhist world for over a period. Here, you will visit the first view of the red and white Potala Palace rising above the Holy City raises goosebumps. As the charming whitewashed old Tibetan quarter carry on to preserve the quintessence of traditional Tibetan life.
Garden to Samye Trekking, an enthralling trip starting from the capital city of Nepal (Kathmandu) taking a picturesque flight to the beautiful city of Lhasa. Here, in Lhasa, for some days to get acclimatize on the high altitude with visiting well-known and important sites of Drefung-Shera-Jokhaang monasteries with wonderful Potala Palace the landmark of Tibet.
Trek from Ganden to Samye, leads to most attractive and pleasant walk which involves steep uphill route. It can be quite energetic because of high altitude at above 5,000 meters around high passes of Shuga La (5,240m) and Chitu-La (5040m/16,700ft). This trek will head ahead south to reach the first ridge at 4,510m/14,800ft.
Our trip continues along the valley leading up to the first pass, Shuga-la and after the last village of Hebu. During some moments of the trek, there are few places where you need to cross the rivers and rivulets. The way passes through travelers and shepherds camp with the hillside scattered with heavily built shelter. Along this place, the fairy rhododendron, charming and pleasant sight during the summer when it’s in bloom in small bouquets of pink, white and purple.
Through beautiful country and meadows of green carpets, the camp is made where there is creek nearby on the summer pastures. Before Chitu-la there is a small glacial lake, after the pass the trail follows the creek all the way to the Samey valley through the Yamalung pilgrimage site of the Nyingmapa sect, as you come to the village of Nyango. A good hour of walks brings you to the first great Buddhist Monastery in Tibet. This tour and trek will make a memorable and great time for further days.
Highlights of Tibet Tour with Ganden Samye Trekking
- Sweeping flight to Lhasa with the grand panorama of mountains with Mt. Everest
- Cultural and Historical tour of Lhasa around places of great importance
- Tour of Drepung-Sera-Jokhang and Potala Palace including Ganden monasteries
- Trekking on hidden and of the beaten tracks to Samey with incredible views
- Adventure over scenic high passes with the tour of great historical Samey monastery”
- Day 1:Welcome to Kathmandu:
- Day 2:Preparation and Sightseeing Tour of Kathmandu:
- Day 3:Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa:
- Day 4:Explore Lhasa (2 days):
- Day 5:Drive to Ganden and Trek to Hebu:
- Day 6:YAMA DO to TSOTUP CHU VALLEY (before Shogar- la Pass):
- Day 7:TSOTUP CHU To Gambala:
- Day 8:Gambala to YAMALUNG (I -Malong):
- Day 9:Tsedang to Gyantse (3950m):
- Day 10:Gyantse to Shigatse (3900m) 90km:
- Day 11:Shigatse to Xegar 94300m) 244km:
- Day 12:Xegar to Ronbuk (4980m) 90km:
- Day 13:Ronbuk to Zhangmu (2300m) 252km:
- Day 14:Zhangmu to Kathmandu (1300m) 165km:
- Day 15:Final Departure to Your Onward Destination:
- Airport pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Flight from Kathmandu-Lhasa-Kathmandu.
- Necessary Tibet travel permits and Visa for China.
- Private transportation by jeep
- Three-night accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tours, tour guide, and private transportation
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Accommodation on twin sharing room basis
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fee as per our itinerary
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the tour
- Accident insurance for all staff
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Personal Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent in foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 passport-size photos.
- US $ 20 Local Government Tax
- Snacks /Drinks and other personal expenses
- WiFi internet and phone call unless it’s free.
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
In Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, your safety precedes every other thing. During the trip, the factors such as weather, natural disaster or a multitude of other factors which are beyond our control can subsequently bring the changes in the itinerary. Although all the itinerary we provide to you is guided and standard; please note that your team leader has the authority to alter or even drop the planned itinerary of any part if it is necessary due to safety concern. All the alternations or changes of the standard itinerary are made by the leader by taking into consideration the best interest of the whole group. We give our best effort to stick with the above-mentioned itinerary; however, in case of any unpredicted event which is beyond our control, you need to be flexible and take after the guideline as instructed by your leader.
Note that the company won’t be responsible for any result of alterations on itineraries or any delays due to unforeseen circumstances.
Hotel and Accommodation:
In cities and large towns, you will be accommodated in good quality properties that are centrally located, atmospheric and reliable.
We provide you with the 2 to 3-star standard hotel while you are at Kathmandu (i.e. for 2 Nights). During your Tibet tour, we provide you with the standard hotels (also 2 to 3-star hotels) for your accommodation.
In Tibet Tour beside the 2 / 3 stars hotel, some 4 / 5 - star luxury accommodation is also available. If you want to change the accommodation plan to the luxury, please do let us know so that we can arrange and book the hotel for you for your Kathmandu stay.
A variety of meals are available in most hotels that we stay for the overnight. Among the food served in the hotel, some of the most popular are Indian, Chinese, Nepalese, Bhutanese, Tibetan and the more common continental food. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes are also available in every restaurant and hotel.
All the food and Beverages included on the package are provided by the company itself. We will be served all meals in Tibet. We will have breakfast and lunch at the hotel where we stay for the night. On the everyday tour, the tour leader will decide the available place and stop for the lunch.
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu after the successful trekking journey, we will provide a farewell dinner consisting of authentic Nepalese cuisines.
Transportation for the Trip:
We at Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition provide all the necessary transportation facilities for your trip. We provide private vehicles for airport pick up. We also provide all private ground transportation facilities during your trip in Tibet.
Guide, Crew Member, and Group Size:
The Ganden Samye Trekking; in the Land of Snow is organized for a lone traveler to the maximum of 15 people at once. In case of more number of travelers, we split the group into two as per the number of travelers. Each group is accompanied by the well experienced and professional English speaking tour guide.
Booking and payment:
For the trip outside Nepal; such as- Bhutan, Tibet, and India you will need to pay 50% of total cost as advance payment. Once you have paid the 50% of total cost along with the copy of your passport and flight details we can confirm and book your trip to Bhutan, Tibet, and India. The remaining cost can be paid after you arrive in Nepal for your trip. You will have various options to pay i.e. either you can pay by cash or you can do bank transfers and use credit cards. So, you can check on our website for bank details and if you are willing to pay by using cards you can navigate to our website or contact us for more info.
In Tibet, the Tibetan Language is mainly spoken. Tibetan is an official language of the Tibet Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China. The written language is based on Classical Tibetan and is highly conservative.
Apart from the Tibetan language, English language is also used in the tourism business. Similarly, languages such as Nepali and Hindi are also spoken by the Nepalese and Indian Merchants.
Some useful Tibetan phrases during tours:
Hello: Tashi dele
How are you: Kherang kusug depo yin pey
Good day: Nyinmo delek
Thank You: thoo jaychay
See you: Lok jey gay
Goodbye( when leaving): kale shoo
Personnel Expenses largely influenced upon your habit of expenditure. We provide you with all the necessary food and accommodation facilities inside the cost of your Tibet Trek and Tour. So, you only need money to pay for your drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) and snacks while strolling on the trail of Bhutan. Likewise, you can also use the money to buy you souvenirs of the trip, entrance tickets, hot showers, tips and many more.
Note that, tips and gratuities are not mandatory, but it is fine if you wish to. If you feel like the service provided to you is excellent, then you can tip directly to staffs. Of course, there is no obligation to tip if you are disappointed with the service you receive. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate an amount of 5 - 10% of the total package price for tips. The amount you give depends on your budget and appreciation of their work.
China visa is pre-processed by our company itself. We just need to have your passport copy by scan on our e-mail. We will
send you an electronic visa on your mail. You need to print and carry the e-visa to fly to Tibet. At Tibet immigration authorities will stamp on your passport.
Your passport must be valid more than 6 months at the time of travel in Tibet.
* Notes: There are regular flights from Kathmandu Nepal, to Tibet. for flights and package please contact us now*
Why Book With Us?
- Best price
- Best safety records
- Easy payment processing
- Customizable trips as per your needs
- Departure for every booking
- Best customer care
- Specialized care and considerations
- Easy cancellation conditions
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 20 to 30 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay rest of the amount before the flight. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now
Cost and Dates
There is no fixed departure trip for this package. However, you can request for a private group trip.
For Quick information / quick answer: Contact Us at WhatsApp: +977 9851083619 ( Ram Krishna Timalsina ) or drop us an inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Moderate to Adventurous
- Trip Style Tour
- Accommodation Hotel
- Group Size 02 - 12
- Transportation: Private Vehicle / Aeroplane
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner