Terms and Condition:
You must carefully read and understand Terms and Condition before you book a trip with us. Terms and conditions contain important information that is important for you while traveling. The Booking terms and condition constitutes a legally binding contract between Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition Pvt. Ltd. And you for the services provided by Himalayan Scenery Treks.
Please note that while booking a trip, you are agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as well as the cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability. Both parties agree to these Terms and Conditions to resolve any legal or other disputes that may arise during the trip.
BOOKING & PAYMENTS:
To process a Booking, you need to fill up the booking form with a 20% non-refundable deposit. This will constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. You should email us a copy of your passport to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. After we receive the copy of your passport and the form you filled with 20% of the non-refundable deposit we will send you a confirmation receipt in your mail as a success for your final booking.
Deposit is to be paid per person per trip. You can contact us for furthered information for booking. While you are paying a deposit a certain amount of bank service charge may be applied which should be paid along with the deposit.
For Credit Card payment please contact us. We only accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express Card, and a 4% levy will be added as card processing fee.
The remaining balance is payable upon your arrival in Nepal for Nepal trip (during the pre-trip meeting or on arrival day). For India remaining balance should be made minimum 15 days before the trip departure. We also reserve the right to cancel your trip if the full amount is not paid within the time limit.
Where possible we will accept your last-minute booking 10 days prior to tour departure date; if we have the space available.
CANCELLATION & BOOKING CHANGES:
- Cancellation notice is required minimum 31 days prior to trip departure and must be made in writing, such notice commences from the day notice is received. Cancellation shall be valid with approval from the company after receiving documentation. The Trip shall then be termed as canceled and a cancellation charge of 20% of the trip amount would be deducted from the advance payment.
- We will provide 50% of refund from the total trip cost if you provide cancellation notice before 15 days from the day of trip departure and should be made in writing. Cancellation shall be valid with the approval from the company after receiving documentation. The Trip shall then be termed as canceled and a cancellation charge of 50% of the trip amount would be deducted from the advance payment.
- There will be no refund to clients that provide less than 15 days’ notice, before trip departure and if a passenger leaves a trip for any reason whatsoever, either voluntarily, involuntarily or if you commit any unlawful act after the trip has commenced. We will make no refunds for any meals, accommodation or services not used.
- Should you require other changes to your original tour, the person that booked the tour must submit a written document with changes required. While every effort will be made, changes cannot be guaranteed.
- If you have genuine reasons for not taking the trip, for example (without restriction) because of death, injury or serious illness of the passenger, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, you may postpone or transfer your booking to another person, provided they meet all the requirements relating to that tour. You must provide proof of why you are unable to travel at the time you change your booking. A fee of 200 USD per person is required if you postpone or transfer this tour no less than 15 days prior to trip departure. There will be no options available 15 days before the trip departure.
CHANGES TO YOUR TRIP AND PRICE DUE TO NATURAL DISASTER, FLIGHT DELAY, ETC
Traveling with Himalayan Scenery treks requires a degree of flexibility, good humor, and an understanding as unforeseen changes to the itinerary, modes of transportation and accommodation can occur at any time. Changes can also be cancellation and postponement of the trip. Such changes happen due to the unpredictable circumstances such as flight delay, political unrest, bad weather, road blockage, any natural disaster (earthquake, landslide, flood, snowfall, avalanche, etc.) or other things beyond our control.
When such situations occur, the above-mentioned cancellation and booking changes policy doesn’t apply. In other words, there will be no refund of the amount you have paid to us. And any extra cost occurred shall be borne by the clients. We also won’t be responsible for the loss of employment, injury, illness, and loss of life resulted from the situations beyond our control. However, we will try our best to take you to safety from any kind of danger.
And in the event of cancellation of the booked trip due to reasons out of our control, you are free to reschedule your trip or take an alternative trip of the same category. While rescheduling the trip, you will receive the full credit from your previously booked trip, and you will only pay the difference amount between old and new prices if the price increases for the rescheduled departure.
Furthermore, single-room supplement charge will be imposed on the clients who don’t have another tour participant to share accommodation with. Our trip packages are based on twin-sharing accommodation. And we reserve the right to revise pricing rates posted in our marketing material under any circumstances or on the pressure of various external factors like changes in the exchange rate, government action, etc which are far from our control.
You should pay for any extra transportation you book in case of flight cancellation or any other problems. You will not be refunded for canceled flight or accommodation.
It is a condition while booking treks and tours with us that travelers/trekkers/climbers must be protected by insurance themselves that covers cancellation, accidents, health, emergency evacuation, and loss of items, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects.
All costs for emergency evacuation must be paid in cash in Nepal unless an insurance company has agreed to pay the costs on your behalf. It is important that any insurance policy issued to cover emergency evacuation for climb/trek/tour does not exclude alpinism or mountaineering.
To learn more about the insurance policy read the Travel Insurance article.
A legal guardian must accompany all travelers under the age of sixteen. If you have a question regarding age and suitability, please contact us for further information.
OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM POLICY
Himalayan Scenery Treks are re-inventing tourism for the benefit of local people, tourists, environment and the tourism industry at large. We ask that you read our Responsible Travel and Ethnic Tourism policy in detail before you book your holiday with us, as we expect that you will adhere to our policy and guidelines while traveling with us.
Himalayan Scenery Trek must be made aware of any and all complaints on site or by telephoning. HST will try to rectify the problem in real time, as per your satisfaction. On your trekking journey, any complains or problem about the trip should be notified to your tour leader or guide in earliest opportunity, so that S/he may take appropriate actions to resolve it.