Langtang Valley trekking is one of the true Himalayan gems of Nepal. Popularly known as ‘The Valley of Glacier’, Langtang region stands out among the best trekking destination well known for its natural oasis and diverse culture. Traversing in this region will be one of the greatest opportunities to witness and explore the spirituality, culture, and natural marvels of the region which is once in a lifetime experience.
Lying north from the Kathmandu valley, Langtang is the splendid trekking destination and also the closest trekking destination into the lap of the Himalayas from the main city of Kathamndu, that brings you close to nature. Langtang region which is extended to an area of 1710 sq.km is the first conserved national park of Nepal, which is the abode for more than 1000 species of plants, more than 150 species of birds and numerous mammals. The national bird of Nepal- Danphe (Pheasant) can also be spotted in this area. Above all the region itself is home for Red Panda and Wild Boar, inhabited by a very light population and less trodden trails make the trekking experience peaceful and enjoyable. Langtang region carries a legendary myth stating that the valley was discovered by a person who was looking for his lost yak. So, the region was named Langtang in the Tibetan language, ‘Lang’ mean yak and ‘Tang’ means to follow. Easy trails, diverse terrain, huge flora and fauna, ancient culture and traditional lifestyle makes this region a true gem for travel enthusiast and nature lovers.
Langtang region was one of the highly devastated regions of Nepal during the earthquake of 2015 AD. Most of the infrastructure around the region was badly damaged during the earthquake, resulting in trekkers to stop their exploration into the region due to lack of tea houses and accessible trails but this has become a story to orate. With the effort of local people, government, and various organizations, a lot of infrastructures has been restored. After the completion of the restoration of the region, the government has reopened trekking into the Langtang region and has officially declared safe for outing activities and local people are readily opening their arms to welcome travelers into their beautiful houses.
Trekking to the Langtang valley is a fabulous journey that brings you close to the Himalayas over 7000 meters including Langtang Lirung (7,200m), Ganesh Himal (7,600m) and Langtang-II (7,227m), etc. Throughout the trail, one can enjoy a magnificent perspective of Himalayan ranges like Tserko Ri (5033m), Kyanjin Ri, Ganchhenpo (6388m), Dorje Lakpa (6990m) and Laure Binayak pass (4,609m).
Langtang Himalayan Trekking with Kathmandu- Pokhara- Chitwan Tour is a pleasant trip to one of the delightful valley of Langtang, city of Lake – Pokhara and dense forest of Chitwan. The trekking begins from the lower Langtang valley i.e. Syabrubesi and takes you through the forest, farmlands, and small settlements of people of Tibetan Origin. This trail was one of the important trading routes with Tibet and still, it is because of this, one can see the great influence of the Tibetan culture in this region. As we traverse through the Langtang Valley a part of the trek will take us through the second largest national park of Nepal, Langtang National park. Walking through the forest wildlife is never easy to be spotted however with great luck, you can have a chance to see some interesting animals and birds. Among the wildlife found in this region, musk deer, pica, and monkey are most commonly found throughout the forest. Once we reach the Langtang village, we hike up the trail to reach Kyangjinga Gompa, also popular for the yak cheese factory. From this location, one can enjoy the picturesque view of numerous glaciers, Himalayan peaks, and hut across the hills. After Langtang Valley, we will drive to the dense forest of Chitwan to experience Asian wildlife activities and jungle safari to explore numerous flora and fauna along with the Royal Bengal Tiger. Afterward, our tour will take us through the beautify touristic city of Pokhara. After enjoying a day in Pokhara we will drive back to Kathmandu where our exciting tour will come to its conclusion.
Join us on this trekking journey to the spectacular Langtang Valley, which is a true hidden gem and gets the opportunity to explore an unspoiled valley that features a mix of Himalayan and ancient Buddhist culture.
Langtang Trek Difficulty
Langtang trekking is considered to be one of the moderate Himalayan trekking destinations. Travelers who are not used to high altitude trekking, this trip is the best to collect some experience of trekking. With the highest elevation reach of 3800-meter, a person with a basic fitness level and high motivation can easily complete this trip. However, you can even go higher on the trek if you wish to.
Best Season for Langtang Trekking
Langtang is one of the closest yet most beautiful Himalayan trekking destination. This is the best place to get immersed in the beauty of nature, explore Tibetan culture, and experience Buddhist Spirituality. In order to have the best trekking experience it is necessary to be at the right time else the great trekking adventure will turn into the worst nightmare. For trekking to Langtang, two seasons i.e. Spring (March to May) and Autumn (mid-September to mid-December) are considered to be the best season for trekking and exploration. During this time of year, nature at its best. You can see the lush green forest covered by the beautiful rhododendron, here the singing of the birds, and enjoy the cool breeze of air touching your cheeks. The Winter and monsoon season is also possible for trekking however one must be prepared for heavy rain and slippery trails during monsoon and coldest night in the winter.
Trek Distance of Langtang Valley Trekking
Langtang Valley Trekking is the shortest Himalayan trekking destination from Kathmandu. It's not only easy access but with the highest elevation point of 3700 meters, this region is the shortest yet the gem of trekking destination in Nepal. The total trekking route of Langtang is 120 Kilometres or 74 miles. With a short and easy trekking trail, a person with a basic fitness level can complete the trek for walking 6 hours a day on 10 days trekking itinerary.
Highlights of Langtang Himalayan Trek and Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan Tour
- Guided Cultural Sightseeing excursion around Kathmandu / Chitwan and Pokhara
- Experiencing the Buddhist spirituality
- Closely observer the Tibetan culture and tradition
- Helping the community to come back to their feet
- The wonderful Himalayan trekking experience
- Sightseeing around the city of Pokhara
- Jungle safari in Chitwan National Park
- Enjoy the beautiful perspective of the snow-capped Himalayas, and glaciers from Kyanjing Ri
- Diverse terrain and climatic experience on a short trip
- Jaw-Dropping picturesque view of Annapurna Himalayan Ranges from Sarankot
- Day 1:Welcome to Kathmandu:
- Day 2:Hinduism and Buddhism Excursion around Kathmandu Valley
- Day 3:Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi:
- Day 4:Trek Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel :
- Day 5:Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley:
- Day 6:Trek from Langtang Valley to Kyangjing Gompa:
- Day 7:Trek from Kyanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel via Kyanjing Ri:
- Day 8:Trek from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi:
- Day 9:Drive from Syabrubesi to Chitwan National Park:
- Day 10:Jungle Safari Activities in Chitwan National Park:
- Day 11:Drive from Chitwan to Pokhara:
- Day 12:Explore Pokhara:
- Day 13:Drive Back to Kathmandu:
- Day 14:See You Again:
- Pick up and drop off service on your arrival and departure flights
- All accommodations on twin sharing basis with Breakfast in Kathmandu – Langtang Trek – Pokhara City and Chitwan National Park.
- 3 nights luxury hotel (Arushi Boutique Hotel) in Kathmandu B/B.
- 6-night Hotel in Mountain.
- 2 nights luxury hotel in Pokhara, B/B,
- 2-night Luxury Resort in Chitwan, B/L/D
- All ground transportation by Tourist Bus / Jeep/ Car.
- English speaking guide, friendly, experienced, with a government license holder.
- Strong Porter, (1 porter for 2 clients),
- Your Mountain food Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner
- A Guide & Porter food, Transport, Accommodation, Salary, equipment, e.t.c. All paid.
- Emergency helicopter rescues service. ( paid by your travel insurance company.)
- Insurance of Guide and porter.
- Trekking Permit. (National Park fee)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System.)
- Kathmandu Heritage City Guided Tour,
- Pokhara City Sightseeing and Transport,
- First-aid service/ Oxygen/ Oximeter / Trekking T-Shirt, Trekking Map, walking pole,
- All kinds of Drinks like Mineral water, beer Juice, Coke, Fanta, other alcoholic hard drinks, hot Drinks, ETC.
- Lunch and dinner which is not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Nepal Visa, You will get on arrival visa at Kathmandu airport, Picture, Passport Copy & some of USD Required, Visa fee 15 days $25 USD, 1 month $40 USD.
- City Entrance Fee while you are on the tour.
- Hand sanitizer/face Mask.
- Travel insurance
- Tips for the guide, porter & Driver,
- Your personal expenses.
In Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition, your safety precedes every other thing. As this adventure entrails traveling in the remote mountainous region, we are always at mercy of nature. During the trip, factors such as weather, natural disaster, or a multitude of other factors that are beyond our control can subsequently bring the changes in the itinerary. Although all the itinerary we provide to you is guided and standard; please note that your team leader has the authority to alter or even drop the planned itinerary of any part if it is necessary due to safety concerns. All the alternations or changes of the standard itinerary are made by the leader by taking into consideration the best interest of the whole group. We give our best effort to stick with the above-mentioned itinerary; however, in case of any unpredicted event which is beyond our control, you need to be flexible and take after the guideline as instructed by your leader.
Note that the company won’t be responsible for any result of alterations on itineraries or any delays due to unforeseen circumstances.
Hotel and Accommodation:
Trek to the Himalayas is one of the favorite destinations for travel enthusiasts and adventure seekers all around the globe. Although the Himalayan region of Nepal is the most popular trekking destination in the world; there are a lot of things people don’t have a clue. While trekking to the high mountain region, you will not find the hotels and accommodation as you see in the city areas. The hotels and accommodation around the high Himalayan have fewer services and facilities. The hot shower may turn out to be simply a bucket of lukewarm water and the toilet may be a latrine behind the hotel. The private room can be a wooden cell with no furniture except a bed, mattress, and curtain in place of the door. So, while trekking to the mountainous region of Nepal, you need to be ready to stay in the less fancy and minimum facilitated hotels.
We provide you with the 2 to 3-star standard hotel while you are at Kathmandu (i.e. for 3 Nights). During your Langtang Valley Trekking, we provide you with the basic lodges and tea houses for your accommodation. The room of these lodges and tea houses are less fancier with just a bed, a pillow and a blanket. We put us every effort to make your trek as cozy as possible. However, you need to stay flexible in some cases. We will accommodate the groups in local lodge available each day. We send the porters ahead of us to pre-book the room for the next day (rooms cannot be pre-booked on all places).
In Kathmandu beside the 2 / 3 stars hotel, some 4 / 5 - star luxury accommodation is also available. If you want to change the accommodation plan to the luxury, please do let us know so that we can arrange and book the hotel for you for your Kathmandu stay.
Food and Beverages:
All the food and Beverages included on the package of Langtang Himalayan Trek and Kathmandu Chitwan Pokhara Tourare provided by the company itself. The foods are provided in the tea houses or lodges on the trail. We will have breakfast and dinner at the lodge where we stay overnight. On the everyday trek, our guide will decide the available place and stop for lunch. We highly recommend you bring the water purification pills, to cleanse the water and drink during the trek. During the trek, there are options for buying bottled water and boiled water as well.
We at Himalayan Scenery Treks and Expedition provide all the necessary transportation facilities for your trip. We provide private vehicles for airport pick up and sightseeing tour around Kathmandu. Likewise, we provide tourist bus transportation for your trip. However, you have other options like traveling through private vehicles such as cars or van.
You have to pay additional for the transportation which is excluded from our package. You can send us an inquiry for the latest price details for private transportation and flight tickets.
Guide and Porters on Trek:
We provide you with the well trained and experienced guide and porter for your trek. Our guide will assist you in every possible way to make your trips remarkable and memorable. Talking about the porter, we provide one porter for 2 trekkers each. The porters carry 20 Kg of total luggage (10 Kg form each trekker). We provide the one guide for the smaller groups and if the group size surpasses 10 individuals; we will provide the additional guide for your trip.
Personnel Expenses are largely influenced upon your habit of expenditure. We provide you with all the necessary food and accommodation facilities inside the cost of your Langtang Valley Trekking. So, you only need money to pay for your drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) and snacks while strolling on the trail. You will get a significant number of smaller shops on the trail to buy drinks and snacks. Likewise, you can also use the money to buy you souvenirs of the trip, entrance tickets, hot showers, tips and many more. Note that, tips and gratuities are not mandatory, but it is fine if you wish to. If you feel like the service provided to you is excellent, then you can tip directly to the staff. Of course, there is no obligation to tip if you are disappointed with the service you receive. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate an amount of 5 - 10%of the total package price for tips. The amount you give depends on your budget and appreciation of their work.
Rescue and Evacuation:
- is the country full of heart-warming natural beauty and a magnificent travel destination for the thrill and adventure seeker all around the globe. In spite of the fact that Nepal is an adventure paradise for the nature lover, thrill seeker. But in some cases, the thrilling experience comes up with a serious hazard. The most exciting, and the joyful trip may backfire on us and we may have to be the victim of nature. Not only that while trekking in the high altitude rough terrains may also occur afflictions like a sprained ankle or even broken leg, appendix ruptures, hypothermia, skin infection, and respiratory infection. If any of this misfortune happens to you, then it should be treated on time. If left untreated then you may even lose your life. If any of the above-mentioned affliction happens during your trip, we at Himalayan scenery treks and expedition will do everything to transfer you to the nearest hospital ASAP. All the expenses made to rescue and evacuate you, are entirely liable to us. So, before departing off to your trip, make sure that your travel insurance company has the policy to cover up all the expenses in case of any misfortune arises during the trip so that you can enjoy the trip to the utmost. If not, be ready to pay on your own once you arrive at the Kathmandu. To learn more about the Travel Insurance for the Trip in Nepal, please do visit the Travel Insurance page in Nepal Travel Guide.
Join a fixed date group trek or private departure:
The Langtang Himalayan Trek and Kathmandu Chitwan Pokhara Touris available on both fixed departure and private basis, If you are looking for a group to join then please check our fixed departures dates and ask for availability or if you would like to travel independently, or with your friends, families & colleagues then you are invited to choose any date at your convenient timeframe for any number of people.
Why Book With Us?
- Best price
- Best safety records
- Easy payment processing
- Customizable trips as per your needs
- Departure for every booking
- Best customer care
- Specialized care and considerations
- Easy cancellation conditions
Please provide us your full credentials or a copy of your passport. Give your weight so that preplan your group’s trips for proper weight distribution. You may deposit 20 to 30 percent advance of the total package amount while booking. You may pay the rest of the amount before the flight. You can also pay us by card, bank transfer or online. Please visit here for payment details.
If you are unable to make your trip, let us know in advance. We will refund you as per our booking terms and conditions and available time frame. At times, there might be delays or cancellation of flights due to weather and unforeseeable reasons. In such cases, we will make our best effort to adjust your bookings and rearranging the schedule.
Still Need Help!
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1- 2 business days. Or just call us now
- Destination Nepal
- Trip Difficulty Moderate
- Trip Style Trekking
- Accommodation Hotel + Lodges
- Group Size 02 - 12
- Max Altitude 3800 Meter (Kyanjin Gompa)/ 4773 Meter (Kyanjin Ri)
- Transportation: Tourist Bus / Jeep
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Best Season: February - May | September - December
- Trips Start: Kathmandu
- Trip End: Kathmandu