Important Documents And Items:
- Valid passport, 2 extra passport size photos, airline tickets
- Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport), proof of insurance
- Dollars, pounds or Euros in cash for purchasing Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport, for paying for restaurants and hotels, for gratuities, snacks, and to purchase your own drinks and gifts
- Credit cards, Bank/ATM/Cash machine cards for withdrawing funds from cash machines (bring a photocopy of your cards), traveler's checks, etc.
- 1 small roll of repair tape, 1 sewing-repair kit
- 1 cigarette lighter, 1 small box of matches
- 1 compass or GPS(optional)
- 1 alarm clock/watch
- 1 digital camera with extra cards and batteries
- large Ziplocs
- 2 water bottles (1 liter each)
- 1 small folding knife
- Binoculars (optional)
- 4 large, waterproof, disposable rubbish sacks
- 1 medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multi-purpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Female hygiene products
- Small mirror
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Reading book
- Trail map/guide book
- Journal and pen
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble, playing cards (to help you pass the time at teahouses and/or camps)
- 1 modest swimsuit
- Binoculars (optional)
- Voltage converter (from 220 to 110)
- Plug adapter (2 round pegs to 2 flat pegs)
- Lightweight pillowcase (in case your teahouses provide you with pillows) or use your own stuff as a pillow
- Duffel or Rucksack bag or suitcase.
- Warm wool or synthetic hat that covers your ears (only if you are traveling in the cold season i.e January, February, and December)
- Goggles or sunglasses for sunbeam dust and wind.
- A neck warmer is another piece of gear for extra warmth if you feel you will need it and is for cold season i.e January, February, and December. (Optional)
- 1 pair warm gloves (This is required if you are traveling in cold season i.e January, February, and December).
- T-shirts (2).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket (preferable if you are traveling in the rainy season from June to September.)
- 1 pair of cotton pants (loose jeans/khakis), 1 pair of shorts.
- 2 pairs of lightweight long underwear/thermals (if you are traveling in winter January, February, and December).
- 2 pairs of liner socks, synthetic or Capilene.
- 1 pair of light camping shoes or sneakers.
- 1 pair of sandals (Optional).